PDA

View Full Version : Alberta allowances?

WoodOx
11-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey all,

I know in Alberta as a Canadian resident, WITH a hunter host you can shoot whitetails. You must hire a guide/outfitter to hunt mulies though.

Does anyone know the rules regarding this for Moose and Elk?

Can you hunt these species with ONLY a host, or is a guide/outfitter required?

Thanks if anyone knows

mikek blacktail
11-01-2006, 06:35 PM
saskatchewan you need a guide to hunt mulies not alberta. In alberta you can hunt male elk, moose ,whitetails and mulies as long as you have an leh or the seasons open I go to unit 300s when i'm there I can shoot whiteys mulies and 3point or better elk with my hunter hostI think there's open moose up north

WoodOx
11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Cool, Thanks for the info!

ramcam
11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
No one but Saskatchewan residents can hunt mulies

we3grants
11-03-2006, 09:59 AM
This might help you out. www.albertaoutdoorsmen.org/huntingregs/ (http://www.albertaoutdoorsmen.org/huntingregs/)

mikek blacktail
11-03-2006, 11:26 AM
No one but Saskatchewan residents can hunt mulies
You can hunt mulies in sask if you use a native guide service and hunt on ther land it is perfectly legal

NightOwl74
11-26-2006, 03:34 AM
I love hunting the foothills in the fall! From Kelowna, usually I start getting fired up when I cruise through Jasper and see monster Mulie bucks strolling across town. I hunt west of Edmonton for Whitetails and they are as common as grouse are in the Okanagan. That is to say, if you don't see at least 10 deer in a day you are blind!8)