PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate hunting dog

Rod
10-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Here are a couple of shots of a senior citizen malamute ready to assist with our next deer.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/Malahoot/Jazz/Jazz_healing.jpg

Stealth mode!
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/rlahaise/Jazz.jpg

And this is what happens when a 140 lb malamute decides he's going to help butcher a deer.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m59/rlahaise/codybevandsomedeer.jpg

twoSevenO
11-01-2006, 09:22 AM
nice to see your dog leaving filth from his paws on the kitchen counter top, where you prepare your food :S

NEEHAMA
11-01-2006, 11:49 AM
that dog look's alot cleaner than mine! let him jump in the sink! carry on.

dawn2dusk
11-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey Rod

Notice you have a ground blind in one of those photos. You have good success with that? I got one last year half price from wally world. have not tried yet but have been thinkin about it.

Beverly
11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
nice to see your dog leaving filth from his paws on the kitchen counter top, where you prepare your food :S

:lol: well since that same dog eats off my fork and shares my bed I have no issue with his clean (or filthy) paws on my counter lol.
If I can throw game awaiting a trip to the taxidermist in my freezer with my food :arrow: ....a little dog germs is of little concern in my big picture 8)

Beverly
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
You have good success with that? .

Rod has not had success this year :twisted: (hehehe sorry Rod) but I did take a nice buck from that blind. It's been set up in my back 4-0 for mths now and doesn't seem to attract any attention at all. I'm not certain it would be so inconspicuous on a 1-time set up...it has become a part of the scene here and the deer quite used to it.

dawn2dusk
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Rod has not had success this year :twisted: (hehehe sorry Rod) but I did take a nice buck from that blind. It's been set up in my back 4-0 for mths now and doesn't seem to attract any attention at all. I'm not certain it would be so inconspicuous on a 1-time set up...it has become a part of the scene here and the deer quite used to it.

O ya...that is what i kinda figured too. Probably works better where you can set it up long before you start hunting out of it so the game gets used to it. SUre would like to try it sometime, cause your out of the weather and can move inside without spooking game. You think a week would be long enough for game to get used to?

Rod
11-01-2006, 07:44 PM
And he eats off my fork as well. Wanna come over for a venison steak dinner :-o

The dogs in this house are not pets they are family members and they get treated as such.. He sleeps in her bed and I don't see anything wrong with that either... now if he wanted in between us I might be in trouble

Rod
11-01-2006, 07:52 PM
As Bev so kindly reminded everyone I have not taken anything from the blind and as it's too small to shoot my recurve from I'll stick to the tree stand if the deer ever return.

I doubt the deer would be bothered by it when you first set it up as long as it is setup in some cover or with some brush added to give it a more natural look. The blind we use also has active carbon scent block reducing their ability to smell you or the blind.

Hey Rod

Notice you have a ground blind in one of those photos. You have good success with that? I got one last year half price from wally world. have not tried yet but have been thinkin about it.

guntech
11-12-2006, 01:27 PM

Dogs.... they will lick their butt and then saunter up to you and lick your hand or face.... and the owners love it! What other animal has it so good... yeah - cats, they get to crap in the house as well... Cover their crap as best they can standing in the rank almost full litter box and then walk anywhere they want on the counters, tables, pillows... yuuch!