PDA

View Full Version : Bought a GPS

johnes50
10-30-2006, 07:49 PM
I finally quit hemming and hawing and bought a new GPS. I bought a refurbished (looks like new) Garmin GPS-V from Radioworld for $199.00. I've noticed that GPS units have been getting pricey and I've read alot about the GPS-V so when I saw it come on sale I picked one up. It came with a bunch of accessorries and the latest software. They have a bit of a sale on now for GPS units.

It's trailing edge technology, but it can do everything I want it to, plus all my accessorries from my Garmin GPSII+ work on it. I bought TOPO Canada and I can load all of Vancouver Island on it with a little bit of memory to spare.

It also has autorouting, which makes a route to somewhere on the map that you chose and gives you turn by turn directions to your destination, mostly in the city. I'm going to try it on a couple of bush wayponts I have and see if it will get me there using logging roads. Anyhow, I've got my new toy and now have to learn how to use it. John

WoodOx
10-30-2006, 08:36 PM
COngrats, should be fun.

I got one for last Christmas, have yet to use it, but now that you mention it I think ill start. Cant get much better than that for remembering when you find good/productive/nice spots in the bush!

johnes50
11-03-2006, 05:58 PM
COngrats, should be fun.

I got one for last Christmas, have yet to use it, but now that you mention it I think ill start. Cant get much better than that for remembering when you find good/productive/nice spots in the bush!

Nice pictures agaucher! I think you're doing just fine without a GPS. :grin:

Where's Shale Ridge, Mount Colossus? John