PDA

View Full Version : Venison Chops

wetcoaster
10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I have a ton in the freezer and am having some tonight. Any recipes out there I need some variety? I have used the following marinade previously and grilled them.

Red wine,
balsamic vinegar,
honey
rosemary
garlic
thyme
black pepper
white pepper

hitch
10-30-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't marinade much but have tried a few. Last year I tried, Italian Salad dressing in a big ziplock, throw the meat in and marinade for desired time.8-)

MichelD
10-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm with Hitch on this one. I don't use marinades either. All I do is rub them with a bit of olive oil, crushed garlic and pepper and fry 'em real hot and fast so they're bloody in the middle.

Rubbing them with a bit of garlic black bean sauce an hour or so before frying or grilling plus the crushed pepper works too.

wetcoaster
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Most times I don't marinade either but once in a while it's nice for a change. Tonight I sm just rubbing them with olive oil garlic and lemon pepper. There are some great spice rubs for grilling to that make a tasty crust on the meat. I'll go dig out the recipes and post them to. I like the fast fry idea with a black bean that sounds good.

dime
10-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Try this recipe for venison in a two minute gravy:
Salt and pepper lightly, while heating pan (not non stick) to medium heat. Pan must be nice and hot before you add the chops.
Throw chops in dry - no oil or fat.
Cook to your liking-medium rare in my house, remove from pan.
As you added no fat, there should be a lot of browned bits stuck to the pan. This is the good stuff.
Pour in about a half cup of wine, scrape up browned bits and boil on high heat until only a couple of tablespoons remain.
Pour in about a half cup of whipping cream, boil until gravy starts to thicken up (reduce volume to a few tablespoons), and add salt to taste.
Remove from heat, add a tablespoon of butter or so and stir until smooth.
Pour over chops.

3kills
11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
i dont marinade to often but what u could do is go to a coopers or save on and see if they have there marinades not the ones on the shelf go to the meat department and see if they have ones that they use on there meat they might sell them too u for a couple bucks lots of good flavours and one pack will do 5 pounds of meat and its really easy to use...not sure they will sell or not but i know we do at coopers here....

Phil
11-01-2006, 12:33 PM
I like to use Olive oil, Montreal Steak Spice (from Superstore), course mustard, crushed garlic(the kind in a jar) and salt and pepper. I lather it all up right before I drop it on the grill at the highest heat my BBQ will put out and cook it for 4 mins. per side. A one inch thick steak comes out medium to medium rare and it is deadly good. Enjoy!