PDA

View Full Version : Buying 3D target on Van Isle

Rod
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
I am looking for a 3D deer target preferably on the Island but will consider mail order in Canada.

Any input on brand (field points and broadheads from a recurve and a crossbow) as well as a source would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rod

Bow Walker
10-31-2006, 08:54 AM
Have you tried the larger locations of either Wal-Mart or Can. Tire ?

If they have a decent sporting goods department you should be able to pick one up.

Rod
10-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Tried both in Courtenay and drew a blank, anyone from CR spotted them in Cdn Tire?

thanks
Rod

greybark
10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
:) Hey Rod , You can try Windfeather Archery (Monty Evin) at 250 426 8565 . McKenzie is good quality and are cost effective .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

we3grants
10-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Walmart in Courtenay has them, saw one today. Top shelf above the deer scents.

Rod
10-31-2006, 08:01 PM
I'll have to go back to Wally World tomorrow, wasn't there yesterday but I couldn't leave without picking something up so I walked out with another trail camera... Can't seem to shoot a real deer so I'm keen on the target :-)

Saw a really nice 4x4 on our way home from Mount Washington with about 20 minutes of leagal shooting left and this guy let me follow him down the trail staying about 20 yards ahead of me, Never offered anything but his back end!

Of course Bev will probably have her comments to add <bwg>

Thanks
Rod

magicarrowman
10-31-2006, 11:13 PM
If they are out at Walmart, there should be some at Peter's and maybe at Gone Fishin'. Should be around $125.00.

Bow Walker
11-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I'll have to go back to Wally World tomorrow, wasn't there yesterday but I couldn't leave without picking something up so I walked out with another trail camera... Can't seem to shoot a real deer so I'm keen on the target :-)

Saw a really nice 4x4 on our way home from Mount Washington with about 20 minutes of leagal shooting left and this guy let me follow him down the trail staying about 20 yards ahead of me, Never offered anything but his back end!

Of course Bev will probably have her comments to add <bwg>

Thanks
Rod
The words "Texas Heart Shot" immediately come to mind! :lol:

Rod
11-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Well Wally World did have one target and it's now in the yard with a bunch of holes in it... If I can just figure out how to make an arrow turn a corner I'll set it up with it's arse facing me and practice some more. :eek:

Nails
11-30-2006, 12:38 AM
I have used a walmart 3d target. They are not good if your bow is set at a high poundage (70#), tears chuncks out of the exit side. thats my 2 cents

Rod
11-30-2006, 08:22 AM
we have been using it with mu 65lb recurve as well as Bev's 150lb xbow ans it seems to be holding up fine. only a few shots with broadheads as they will obviously cause more damage.

Can't even see the darn thing right now as we have had FOUR FEET of snow since Saturday!!!! too busy shovelling to hunt anyway.

I wonder what effect this much snow is going to have on the deer population. In Ontario snow depth is the biggest determining factor for deer survival in winter and the whitetails there are used to it?

Rod