PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for help

gary mok
10-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Hi I am a newbie for ducks/geese hunt,I would like to ask a few questions before going to hunt,any help would be appreciated!!! what are the MU in the boundary bay and canoe pass ? 2- what ?because I couldn't find it,what is the best area to hunt ducks/gesse ?64th/72th/104th or canoe pass ?no idea what the hunting area around canoe pass local ? is it at the end of 34th and the end of river RD ? how can I tell the international Marker ( no shooting zoom ) near 64th ? is it legal to hunt common snipe in the above area ? cause I saw the Reg,it said that boundary bay wildlife management area is closed to snipe hunting,how about around canoe pass ?is it no shooting half an hour before the sun rise and half an hour after the sun set for Mig game birds ?what kinds of shots can goes longer ? like....3'' shell BB shot is good ? or any better suggestion ? I am using Remington 870 28'',is it necessary to use decoys to hunt or not ? The Reg said the daily bag limit is 8 for ducks ( 4 pintail,4 canvasbacks,2 golden eye and 2 harlequins )if I got 8 pintails or 6 mallard,it means I would be in trouble,right??? but when they're flying is hard to tell what is what ? right ???what 's the best time to go ? early in the morning/ late in the afternoon or both ? is it has to be awful weather ? too nice weather to shoot I heard said that.right???I know too many question to asked but newbie always doing like this better than in trouble with CO,or anythings I miss pls let me know,thank very very much:tongue: .

slyfox
10-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi gary b bay is better for duck hunting if you ask me but most of the ducks you will shot will be pintails,wiegon,teil i like high tide in b bay as the ducks are closer to the beach and there are more areas to hide. I use #3,4 for ducks i does a good job.The best days for duck hunting is when it rains and there is a lot of wind and decoys do help a lot and if your going to get in to duck hunting i would say buy decoys and a mojo duck and you will get lots of duck and have a blast.Canoe pass has lots of ducks to but i go there for the snow geese # 2,1 and bb work well on them lots of mallards to in that area.If the weather is right ill hunt all day for water fowl but the morning is the best for snows in canoe pass the more wind the better for the snows.Half hour before the sun comes up and the same at night ill hunt from 72 to 104th in b bay good luck on the duck and geese hunting. P.S. if its sunny i stay home but you never now you cant get them at home.Hope that helps SLYFOX.

gary mok
10-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi Slyfox you're my hero that helps me a lot,I really appreciate your info that made me clear,I thought BB Shot is good for duck hunt since which has heavy load and go faster but now I would buy what you say,how about common snipe ? can I hunt in these area ?what kind of chock are you usually use for duck/geese hunt ? full or extra full chock ? B bay and canoe pass is in M.U 2-4 or what ? thanks a lot!!! Gary

slyfox
10-29-2006, 12:10 PM
You can hunt common snipe in canoe pass not b bay 2-4 is the area the b bay and c pass are in.I use modifed choke for duck never full choke its not good with steel shot on your gun barrel thats what i have herd.

gary mok
10-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks a lot,you totally solved my doubt,Now I know what I should do,thanks again!!! Gary:lol:

Ian F.
10-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Gary,

Unless you KNOW SNIPE, be very careful before you pull the trigger!

You need to go out, find some birds, spook em up and throw out some dekes and wait for them to come back!

Duck hunting is all about finding out where the ducks want to be and then setting up there and the only way you can answer that is scouting. Keep in mind too, that what was right today, may not be tomorrow or even in a few hours if tidal.

Thats what makes it fun!

Ian

gary mok
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Gary,

Unless you KNOW SNIPE, be very careful before you pull the trigger!

You need to go out, find some birds, spook em up and throw out some dekes and wait for them to come back!

Duck hunting is all about finding out where the ducks want to be and then setting up there and the only way you can answer that is scouting. Keep in mind too, that what was right today, may not be tomorrow or even in a few hours if tidal.

Thats what makes it fun!

Ian Hi Ian thank you for your advise!!! Gary