PDA

View Full Version : 870 worked good

kits duck
10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
it cost me a box of shells,but i ended up with 3 tasty treats.my cleaning skills need some work.what about changing up the recoil pad on the 870.softer sure would be nice. buy this, buy that, you need this,not here,over there.Finally ready to go. had a great day on boundary bay shooting ducks.can't wait till the morning to do it again.those were the first three west coast ducks i shot. :smile:

rocksteady
10-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Go to Canuck Tire, you can get a slip on recoil pad for $8.00, quite soft.

Slip it on and give it a try, if it works then you can swap off the old one and then attach the CT one...I bought one rather than shelling out $40+ at a sports shop, that are not nearly as pliable...

MichelD
10-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Damn.

I just spent nearly $30.00 on a recoil pad just to lengthen the LOP on a shotgun and now you say CT has them?

Ian F.
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Don't want to be an ass here, but you get what you pay for..

Ian

kishman
10-30-2006, 11:39 AM
If your a smaller fella it may not work for you. I bought a "slip on" and found it worked well taking the sting out, but it changed the way my gun (Rem. 870 Express) fit me. As I said I have shorter arms than most and it added a full 3/4 to 1" to the butt length. After that the gun just didn't "mount" the same at all, so I took it off. Recently I was able to shoot a 12Ga. with an aftermarket pad by Pachmyer (sp?), felt very nice without changing the fit :smile: , my .02 good luck.

P.S. you don't want to use anything called a "sissy pad" anyway do ya?:lol: :lol: :lol: Jusk kiddin'.