PDA

View Full Version : Online Gun Stores.....

jettabambino
10-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Hello.

I am looking for a good cheap grouse gun. I just recently purchased a 410 single shot however for whatever it just dosent feel right when I shoot it. So i have been looking at different guns and websites people recoomend to purchase online. Here is where my questions are.

Do they just mail the firearm to your door....

like is it that simple. if so what websites do you reccomend purchasingfrom . I am looking for a nice pump action 20 gauge or even 12 gauge.

than ks

todbartell
10-24-2006, 10:56 PM
why not go into a real store and buy one there :|

beeker
10-24-2006, 11:34 PM
The most fun grouse gun going has to be the classic single shot 22. You can find them cheap at most shops.

Seth
10-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Italian Sporting Goods will ship right to your door for next to nothing. You' de think with these stupid gun laws it would be more difficult than that but it's not. Give them a call I've found them to always be cheaper than anyone else.

swamper
10-25-2006, 07:04 AM
I agree with Firebird. Unless you live in an area where there is limited access to guns, it is better to buy from a shop where you can go in and check the guns out, see how they fit and get good advice on what gun to buy. I live in Quesnel where access to guns stores is limited and once in a while I do order from one of the mailorder places. You may get a slightly better price, but by the time you pay the shipping fees and the oversize fee, you would have been better off buying from the store. I know of one fellow here in Quesnel that buys all his guns from Omineca Sports in Vanderhoof. The prices are comparable and the guys there are great.

In answer to your question, yes the guns are delivered right to your door, no fuss, no hassle. As soon as they process your registration they ship.

jettabambino
10-25-2006, 10:35 AM
The main reason why is because it seem so cheap. A 20 guauge pump action winchester for under 400 bucks... sounds good to me.

I have never had great service from italian so i dont go there.

Chuck
12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
410s are fantastic! Two problems though and they are the ammo. Too expensive firstly and secondly its too hard to find the right size shot load. Mostly too light. Other than that this gun is far too underrated. My first choice as a survival gun. The slugs are deadly at close range.

Barracuda
12-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I agree with Firebird. Unless you live in an area where there is limited access to guns, it is better to buy from a shop where you can go in and check the guns out, see how they fit and get good advice on what gun to buy. I live in Quesnel where access to guns stores is limited and once in a while I do order from one of the mailorder places. You may get a slightly better price, but by the time you pay the shipping fees and the oversize fee, you would have been better off buying from the store. I know of one fellow here in Quesnel that buys all his guns from Omineca Sports in Vanderhoof. The prices are comparable and the guys there are great.

In answer to your question, yes the guns are delivered right to your door, no fuss, no hassle. As soon as they process your registration they ship.

Even after tax & postage It is pretty rare to find it cheaper then mail order.
There are local stores that I refuse to purchase from because of Backwoods service & Hillbilly Mentality .
I will sooner drive the hour/hour and a half into Reliable and if they are unable to accomadate me then i mail order.
I resent being told to buy local just because they are local . They have to either provide service or price but if they can provide neither then i cannot provide my patronage

chrishall
12-17-2006, 01:14 PM
hear hear i agree, italian always seems to be rude when i am there before i even say anything, reliable ggood, smoking gun in coquitlam is my favorite

bogie
12-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Have had good luck with Wholesale Sports and Russells. Only place I could find a leftie stainless Ruger 30-06 and also the Ruger no 1 in a 223. None to be had in BC and 6mos to 2 years what I was told. Wholesale had both and Russells has supplied ammo too. When you cant buy locally check it out. SIR has a lot of weird stuff you cant buy from locals either. I like to support local and try them first. However if they are uninterested or unable to provide then I will go mail. No problems yet. No pst either.

kishman
12-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Another vote for Wholesale Sports here. I've ordered a number of items from them, including my last rifle, never any trouble. To answer the question directly, yes the rifle comes to your door. I had it sent by Canada Post, took 3 days. I wasn't home when it came so I had to go to the Postal outlet over at the mall to pick it up. Good luck!

kishman

BCLongshot
12-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Don't go to Italian Sporting Goods !!!

Go to Reliable Gun !!!!

tuchodi
12-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Italian sports should not be in a buisness that requires customer service as they have none, Snobs unless you have lots of money. Reliable is good and I have used SIR and Wholesale sports and they are good. I like to support local buisness but they must be willing to give service and apreciate the customers.

Gateholio
12-24-2006, 11:52 AM
I have had absolutely fantastic service form Italian. In fact, whenever I go there it;s great service. Reliable is the same way to me.

But this topic is about mail order. I do alot of mail order since I buy alot of specialized stuff and it's far easier/faster/cheaper to get it mail ordered than any other route.

Guns will show up at your door or your post office.

Wholesale Sports has given me excelelnt mail order service, and continues to do so. Russels has also given me good service. SIR is good service but verything I order seems to be out of stock, so it takes longer.

MooseSpotter
12-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Try SIR Mailorder I have order guns from them in the past with no problems.
They are usually cheaper than the gun stores. For grouse I use a 22 golden boy from henry. Its got to be the funest gun ever super smooth action very
nice feel holds 15 .22LR in the tube or 18 shorts.

Copengaggin
01-22-2007, 09:27 PM
I could use this info too. I'm trying to find a Savage in .204 Ruger but no one seems to have any. So far, the mail-order options in Canada are...

Wholesale Sports (Calgary)
Russell's (Calgary)
SIR Mail Order (Winnipeg)
Le Baron Outdoor Products (Montreal)

Are there any others?

JoshLedoux
01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Support your local gun shops or they will not be there when you need them! Online retailers do not gunsmith. The extra $12 you save sometimes ain't worth it. As for grouse guns they depend upon how youre shooting, if youre ground shooting you may as well use the .22 it's deadly and cheap. If your wingshooting the .410 is not a great idea unless you practice constantly you would be surprised how hard it is to hit a flapper on the move with small gauge stuff. I take my grousing very seriously so I got myself one o them fancy remington 28 gauge autoloaders, and I'm surgical with it, but I also shoot at least 150 rounds of clays with it every weekend.....religiously. Otherwise wingshoot with a 12 gauge, adds lots of sport to em and still affordable to shoot without havin to practice every other day.

Barracuda
01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Support your local gun shops or they will not be there when you need them! Online retailers do not gunsmith. The extra $12 you save sometimes ain't worth it. .

They gotta earn patronage it is not a geographical right.
People have a right to expect great prices and or great sevice (Both in the same place is the best ) if they offer neither then i will not give them my money and a bussiness should not expect it either.

As for gunsmiths I normally go to real gunsmiths not the local hunting store with some crotchety oldtimer in back with a file and hammer saying his backwoods smithwork has been good enough for the past forty years so it should be good enough for the likes of you :| .

Hank Hunter
01-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Totally agree with You Barracuda, The bs i have heard from local stores is incredible. I would wholeheartedly support a local gun store but price and availability, service and knowing what you are talking about is key

MRP
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I to also try to support local business whenever possible, little shops and stores close to my home are important and convenient. But sometimes you have to draw the line. When priceing out a 300 Winchester with a vxIII Leopold scope it turned out to be $500 cheaper to mail order it. I've always tried to be a loyal customer buying many of the smaller items from local shops and being very thankful for some of the free advice. But I thought $500 for free advice was a little bit steep.

On the thought of Internet mail order I thought the new wholesale sports website sucks, you used to be able to look at their whole catalogue on PDF file. You could scroll back and forth and compare products now it's just a pain in the neck!

troutseeker
01-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I support local gun stores when the service is good and they don't price gouge. It is amazing to see the prices at mom and pop shops, their markup is often criminal! I let them know politely that they are out fishing for suckers and go home to my pc to buy from an online store. Yes indeed, robbery will be the downfall of the small store...

Troutseeker

NEEHAMA
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
www.reliablegun.com (http://www.reliablegun.com)

brotherjack
01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
It is amazing to see the prices at mom and pop shops, their markup is often criminal!
Actually, the markup in mom and pop shops is minimal on guns. I should know; I work for one (part time, once in a while, anyway). We would be out of business almost immediately if we had to make a living on the slim markup we can get for guns (ie: we make our living on everything else in the store). The problem is, because we can't buy 200 of the same make/model gun at a time (times the 60 or 70 make/models we try to keep in stock at all times), it costs us a LOT more to buy any given gun than it does one of the big online/mail order outfits (SIR, Wholesale, etc). It's not unusual for me to lookup our cost on a gun and realize that I could buy that gun for $20 (or more) cheaper at SIRMailorder. We can either not be a local gun shop (in which case there would be no local gun shop), or we can offer the gun up for sale at a price that lets us stay in business - it's that simple a choice.

Anyway, it may not make the price any easier to pay, but trust me, mom and pop outfits are NOT gouging you on the price.

30-06
01-23-2007, 08:06 PM
www.SirMailOrder.com (http://www.SirMailOrder.com)
..my dad ordered a gun from there...everything got messed up and the whole order was wrecked

Benthos
01-28-2007, 07:44 PM
i've ordered numerous items from Russell's. Always had good service