PDA

View Full Version : Mods on line ?

boxhitch
03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
When a problem arises that should get immediate attention, how does a member find out which mod is online ?
Looking at the bottom of a forum shows the mods for that forum but on checking personal info , all appeared to be off-line status.
Are they really off or hiding ? :)

REMINGTON JIM
03-26-2012, 06:45 PM
When a problem arises that should get immediate attention, how does a member find out which mod is online ?
Looking at the bottom of a forum shows the mods for that forum but on checking personal info , all appeared to be off-line status.
Are they really off or hiding ? :)

Hi - if you go to quick links its shows them in the drop down - go to there user names and it says if they are on line or not . Cheers RJ

The Dude
03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
I think they lurk a lot.
If there's a problem, use the ALERT symbol in the lower left of every post box. Looks like a Yield sign.

boxhitch
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks Dude

The Dude
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
No problem, just don't use it on ME! lol
Dude abides......

Gateholio
03-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Yup, use REPORT A POST,like the Dude says

kyleklassen
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
can't we just roll up our sleeves and hash it out on the playground instead of running and telling the teacher?

Jonas111
03-26-2012, 07:58 PM
can't we just roll up our sleeves and hash it out on the playground instead of running and telling the teacher?

Some can and some can't.

russm
03-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Sometimes someone just needs to be punched in the face ;)

Marc
03-26-2012, 08:53 PM
The report a post function sends an email to all the admins and moderators for that section, fastest way of getting a response. I carry my Iphone pretty much everywhere I go and check my email quite often.

Caveman
03-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Pray Tell Bill!!

boxhitch
03-26-2012, 10:08 PM
No, nothing scandalous nor code red

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
and not in these guidelines

just looking for a cleanup so looked for a way to get a message across rather than just punching the alarm
its done, thanks

timberhunter
04-01-2012, 08:37 AM
As Marc stated. We get emails from the report a post function. I know I usually get a couple every day.
But as moderators we must take a look at the whole issue. Just because one member considers a comment or thread insulting or not cool does not mean we will delete. Sometimes its an easy decision, most times not.
Also there are some members who will abuse the report a post function. I will not mention any names. Speaking for myself on this issue. But if its one of those who abuse, more times than not I will not be in any hurry to go check out his/her complaint.
Many times the posters typing fingers are must faster than their thinking process.
Always proof read your posts or threads before hitting the submit button. I think if more users did this we would have fewer complaints.

RiverOtter
04-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Hahahaha........didn't even know there was such a beast as "Report a Post", until this thread.

Seems to me, if internet providers would supply vagasil, as part of their service, most problems would be solved long before a mod had to listen to a whining /¥\

KodiakHntr
04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Seems to me, if internet providers would supply vagasil, as part of their service, most problems would be solved long before a mod had to listen to a whining /¥\

YOINK! Sig line!

Singleshotneeded
04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Or you can all behave your damned selves and no one gets into trouble! :-)

Bow Walker
04-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Always proof read your posts or threads before hitting the submit button. I think if more users did this we would have fewer complaints.

...and way fewer spelling mistakes.