PDA

View Full Version : Tips on 3-13 south.

Steeleco
07-17-2004, 09:20 PM
OK I'm not asking for your "secret spot" but I would'nt mind if those of you that have hunted the southern area's of 3-13 could pass on some land marks to start to scout out. My buddy got a LEH doe in the area, we know Murray lake and areas north pretty good but last time he got a doe those areas were snowed out. We thought we'd try the southern end. Thanks in advance.

cmac
07-18-2004, 05:02 PM
If all else fails try jack swartz forest service road, had a doe draw for 3-13 about 3 years ago and hunted all over before finally getting one there. My brother Got a big buck that way the year after. Murry maka forest road is pretty good as well, seen a few does that way and also lilly lake area is pretty good for does as well. Shouldn't be too hard to fill a tag there .

cmac
07-18-2004, 05:04 PM
oops sorry think all the places I mentioned were north of murray lake but they are worth a try anyways:)

3kills
07-18-2004, 05:56 PM
the areas that cmac said are some decent areas...some really nice bucks up on the jack swartz road and some nice fall bears in there too...i m a hop skip and a jump from both roads so if u head that way let me know maybe we can grab a beer some where...

Steeleco
07-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks Gents I'll give them both some thought. I'll have to scout them soon!!

3kills
07-18-2004, 09:13 PM
steeleco...if ur coming soon i can point ya in some good directions on the lilly lake road...i havent hunted the jack swartz road as much as i would like to but i have been up the lilly lake road....as i can see the road from my house....

Steeleco
07-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Me thinks it's time I bought a BC roads map book. The topo's are almost as old as me!!!!!!!!! Anybody know which one for this area?

bone-collector
07-19-2004, 11:15 AM
steel you can buy a sportsmans atlass (not the real name I will look it up for you) it has every logging road and trail on it to date, some of the info is not perfect as roads get deactivated etc but its darn close and covers most areas in BC , there about $20

Steeleco
07-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks BC that would be great. My kinda price too.

bone-collector
07-19-2004, 01:28 PM
http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/index.php?series=bm

they are a wicked book for anyone that likes to travel on backroads in BC , note they do not tell you about radio controlled roads so you have to watch signs when entering some roads for off highway log trucks, and they take up alot of road and cant move over to far

also you can goto the website for updates on the books, I have sent alot of e-mails letting them know small errors or changes in roads and there all posted there , as a bush road builder nothing ticks me off more than going to a good spot only to find a deactivated road or removed bridge :x