PDA

View Full Version : Fell down

mrdoog
10-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I fell down hard during my hunt last week.
Snapped the butt off my Winchester model 88.
More upset about the broken stock than my purple ankle and bruised arm, because my Dad used this rifle for over 30 years, and I break it after 2 seasons.
My Dad didn't seem to be too upset, I think he just chaulked it up to another one of my clutsy adventures.
Can these stocks be fixed?

Caveman
10-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Would be a good opportunity to put a nice synthetic on it, look on the bright side. You could just get a replacement, I don't think you can fix it.

Rod
10-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Send me a couple of detailed pics of the break and I'll let you know what the chances are of repairing it.

I have put some pretty nasty looking broken stocks back together and really surprised the owners who had been told it was hopeless. I have even been accused of replacing a couple because you couldn't see the repair. Not the normal outcome but if it's a clean break it's often easy to hide.

Cheers
Rod

Steeleco
10-23-2006, 07:52 AM
If Rod can't help you look at Boyds, http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ give that old stick a new lease on life!!

BCLongshot
10-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey mrdoog

Don't be so hard on yourself ! At least you were out there using the thing. I'd rather here a story of that than 1 of it being in the closet collecting dust ! I'm glad you weren't hurt too bad.

mrdoog
10-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback.