PDA

View Full Version : Just like the 4th of July out there

dave
10-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Wow is was loud out there today, lots of shooting going on in the marsh. We did OK once the fog lifted. I don't think I fired a shot until after 10:30 or so.

Dano
10-21-2006, 07:22 PM
It sure was foggy! And there were more guys out there than we saw or heard all of last year. We limited out on mallards around noon. Those 4 guys on the dyke between us sure fired off a lot of rounds, there was a guy up where Dan and I put the boat in and they did a lot of shooting too.
Nice to see the mallards around, we usually had singles or 2-3 flights come in and they were decoying pretty good if other guys shots didn't flare them off. Seemed to be a lot of birds flying after the fog burned off, saw you had a few flights come in while we ate smoked sockeye but couldn't see if you dropped any of the birds.
Going out tommorrow, should be great if the fog isn't too thick.
Dano
P.S. No pics, my daughter had my camera and it was ripped off out of her car.... My son has my spare so maybe next week I'll have a few to share.

Dano
10-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Pretty quiet out there today (sunday). Fired one shot about 7:45am and then nothing until the fog lifted (about 10:45am). The it got busy for an hour or so. I called in a small flight of 4 mallards and we bagged 3, then a large flock of about 30 mallards came our way and I got them to commit right in and we shot 'em up good. I missed my second shot but doubled, my buddy Dan shot his first triple of the year! All 5 birds were full plumage and had crops stuffed with corn (strange as there is no corn field close to the marsh...).
We finished with 12 mallards and could have scored on a few teal and widgeon as well as the spoonbill that swam around in the decoys for a few minutes.
Dano