PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Size

7mmWSM
10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
I am new to bowhunting. Just bought a Browning Rage, 30" drawlength, 61lbs draw weight. I would like to shoot aluminum arrows. Anybody have any advice on what size? I have been told something in the 2216-19 range. Is this correct? What determines the size?

ryanhuntslots
10-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Go to the bow hunters super store site and look up th arrow size chat, its all ruight there, and good hunting to you

bsa30-06
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
I shoot a Browning Rage set at 55lbs and use a easton 2115 aluminum arrow.

magicarrowman
10-31-2006, 11:20 PM
If you want my advice, forget aluminums!! Start shooting carbons. They're tougher and if you have the proper grain weight and broadhead, there's no problem getting pass throughs at 35 to 40 yards with your weight at 61 lbs. Try using a 300 series arrow.

One Shot
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
I would suggest that you take your bow and go to your local archery outlet and get some assistance in getting set up the first time. If there is no store there get together with your local archery club and they assist you. That way you get the proper shaft selection and assistance in getting you bow tuned in and you won't end up struggling clueless:confused: . Then you will be able to have some success and be happy. This way you will also make some new friends plus a resource for developing your skills, assisting with problems and having fun with it. Good luck.:)

Bow Walker
11-02-2006, 03:19 PM
There is a guy here in Victoria at Island Outfitters named John. Ask for him - he knows his stuff.

If you are in Duncan/Cobble Hill/Cowichan area, go to West Coast Archery, Bill will put you right.

oldtimer
11-02-2006, 06:08 PM
7mm.. If you are anywhere near Victoria give BowWalker a call. I saw him totally re-tune an arrow / bow set-up last year so he knows his stuff as well. He is just bashfull !!! Mike
PS I agree with Magicarrowman in regards to carbon vs aluminum. especially for a new archer, carbon is much more forgiving. my 2 cents