PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Partner(s)

bigshark
10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi all
Just moved to beautiful BC from Manitoba where I enjoyed rifle and archery hunting for dear. I have not idea where to go hunting in around Vancouver and am itchy for my first kill in BC. I would love the opportunity to hunt with some of you guys. I hunt with a 300 savage and consider myself a very good shot. I am quiet and know the rules to the hunt. Don’t care if I really get to shoot something all I care about is being out in the wilderness and seeing the beautiful wildlife. But god help if some poor animal pops it head out :lol: .

If anyone out there living in Vancouver needs or would like a partner please let me know

Thanks
Abe.

MB_Boy
10-19-2006, 12:44 PM
bigshark....

Congrats on makin' the move. I moved out here 12 years ago and happy as heck that I did. Unfortunately to date I still do my hunting back in MB for deer and moose.....traditional blackpowder and rifle respectively.

If you need any questions answered there are plenty of great people on the board and feel free to join into the fray to give people a bit of a sense as to who you are. I know sometimes there is hesitation from some folks on hunting with someone they don't know (there have been some bad stories posted on here) but there have been plenty of members that have stepped up to the plate. I am hopin' to get out with a few members next year.

BTW.....if you are looking to get some hunting in this year....and sticking somewhat close to the lower mainland....get some good waterproof gear as it gets wet.

Drop me a PM if you want to hook up for a beer or coffee at some point and I can certainly help you out with a great deal of info I have picked up from this site and it's great membership.

Welcome again.

kishman
10-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Abe, welcome to B.C. and the message board. I'm a longtime resident, fisherman and a rookie hunter. I'd be more than happy to go out hunting with you, I'm off looking for Deer this weekend/early next week, but after that I'm open for a trip around these parts. If your intrested PM me and we can talk about dates etc....it'd be nice to have someone to split costs with for a change, and my uncle Allan always said "I never met a Manitoban I didn't like." But then again he never got to meet my ex....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Corey,

Murder
10-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Spent 6 years in Manitoba, right on the Assiniboine river in Winnipeg (I mean winterpeg) lol. Been in BC since '91. Welcome to hunting paradise.

Ian F.
10-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Welcome from another fresh immigrant, we arrived at the end of June from NB, originally from southern Ont.

Somethings to keep in mind, until you are here for 6 months you are considered a non-resident, which means except for birds you must hunt with a guide and pay non-res license fees. Also, within the fraser valley there is a secondary license required which is only $10 but you have to show proof of public liability insurance to get it.

Very best,

Ian

MB_Boy
10-19-2006, 02:31 PM
"I never met a Manitoban I didn't like."

Amen to that.........:biggrin: :wink: .......

J_T
10-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome to BC. Although I'm not sure you can call Vancouver or the Lower Mainland a good example of rural BC life. (some warped impressions down there about things such as hunting)

I just spent the last four years living in Vancouver. Just about died. Had to move back to the Kootenays for peace of mind and a hunting way of life.

It is an uphill battle to hunt living at the coast.

Welcome to BC.

JT

bigshark
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys for the response. I am glad I made the move here but I am already missing hunting. I am actually hoping to go back to "winterpeg" this November for the opening of white tail. Hey Kishman, that is a good idea thats what we did in wpg is split the cost of the hunt (gas). I am hoping to get into hunting mountain goats and elk and moose. But like I said dont even mind just getting out with some good hunters to explore the wilderness that BC has to offer.
I was actually apprehensive about posting this but the response I got was great and hope to see some of you guys out there when the time comes.

MB_Boy
10-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys for the response. I am glad I made the move here but I am already missing hunting. I am actually hoping to go back to "winterpeg" this November for the opening of white tail. .

What flight are you on?? :wink: :biggrin: I am heading back for the last few days of muzzleloader and the first few days of rifle.

bigshark
10-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I will probably be taking off on the 10th of Nov. Heading out to Piney where we have a lodge