PDA

View Full Version : Oct 14-15 ducks

craigchaplin
10-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Went out ladner way this weekend. Finally a turn in the weather!!!
Took home 4 mallards and two teal.....fer a late start(11 am) not bad if i do say so myself. How'd everyone else do?

mattchu_19
10-15-2006, 09:13 PM
goose hunted on saturday with my brother and a friend and we got 6 geese and 2 mallards. went out sunday morning to our pond on our farm for an hour and got the only 2 drake mallards that came in.

dave
10-16-2006, 09:11 AM
We had a good day on Sunday, a little wet but the marsh really started to come up. Won't be long before Dano can use his normal route into the marsh. We came home with a limit of mallards and wigeon. The birds all looked and acted like locals.

I did use my Dad's old A5 and it brought back lots of good memories. I even scored a couple of pretty doubles with it. Made me wonder why I spent all that money on a camo gold last year.

Ian F.
10-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Scratched my plans for Sunday, didn't feel like a head to toe soaker with a hint of a cold..

Saturday I did well in Ladner, 3 mallards, 2 teal and a widgeon, but had to call it short at 8am as my daughter was quite sick and I had to take her to the clinic, part of being a one car family. Total fog the whole time, with quick short shots as the best I could see till I left was about 70 yards..

Mother in Law is here, so it'll be one of those weeks!

I was thinking about Dano and his waterline yesterday in the rain, hope he got it in or the trench held! 51mm was the offical report, biggest 1 day rain this year, but I have no scale being new to the area..

Very best,

Ian

Murder
10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Got 3 widgeons saturday morn. Not much flying yet. I saw tons of geese a month or so ago, now none. I think the main migration hasn't come through yet.

tailgate77
10-16-2006, 09:03 PM
We could have had more if we had more practice with the scatter gun, hey Murder. We'll get them next time.

Murder
10-17-2006, 08:46 AM
We could have had more if we had more practice with the scatter gun, hey Murder. We'll get them next time.
We only burned up 2 boxes....lmao. We need some decoys out there, so they don't just buzz over. I like to blast 'em when they got their landing gear out.:twisted:

Victor
10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Dave,

You say you got your limit on mallards and widgeons- so does that mean 1 mallard and the rest widgeons!!! Tell Matthew, Harry, and Diesel that you better get as many in the early season as possible, because Victor and Sailor are going to be giving you some competition. I look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Victor

dave
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh no, I should have been more specific, that would be 5 mallards and 3 wigeon. I have to keep reminding myself that the more you shoot, the more you have to pluck. Look forward to seeing you out there.