PDA

View Full Version : PM's before new posts

Shooter
01-31-2012, 10:49 AM
So when I log in if I visit my new PM's it deletes all of my new posts. Does anyone else have this issue?

For example: I just returned from Vacation and I had something like 22,000 new posts. Normally I just click on the "new posts" button instead of searching every forum. But If I have new PM's when I first log on I go to those first. After reading and answering a couple PM's and going back to the home page I see the 22,000 new posts but when I click the button it says there are no new items to view. This always happens and I just thought I would put it up here to see if others notice the same thing. It seems like after I read and answer PM's it reads me as reading all of the posts as well as the PM's.

CanuckShooter
01-31-2012, 10:51 AM
It happens once in awhile.....so your not special!!! LOL

01-31-2012, 11:05 AM
I always read PM"S first and never had the "New posts" delete.
Have a good vacation!?

buck nash
01-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Ever since the site was reformatted i have to got through each forrum to read the posts. There used to be a "today's posts" option in the drop down menu when you click the search button. I would like to see that option back, cause every time the mods refresh the new posts I have to go through individual forums to see whats new.

Shooter
01-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I always read PM"S first and never had the "New posts" delete.
Have a good vacation!?

I am not sure if it happens if I just read them but I think it happens all the time if I respond to one.

And yes Vacation was most awesome :)

Foxton Gundogs
01-31-2012, 08:59 PM
Happend to me twice the forst time I just went with it the second time I refreshed and they showed again why how ???????I'm a technoidiot don't ask me

Bow Walker
02-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Used to happen to me quite often. Now I right-click on the "New Posts" and "Open in a New Tab". Then I just open each page in a new tab - then go back and open the PM notification in a new tab, then I go back to the homepage and right-click on the "Forum Actions" and tell it to "Mark Forums Read". Now I can read and answer the PMs without losing any of the new posts and then go to each individual new tab to read all the new posts at my leisure. When I'm finished reading/replying and closing all the pages I have opened I'm left with the original home page that says "New Posts - 0" so all I do is click the refresh button and all the new posts that have been added since I cleared it are shown.

Sound way more complicated than it actually is. The most tabs I have had to open was 10 and it didn't matter, everything was there for when I wanted it, it never went stale.

Now with over 2K new posts, I doubt you could do that - but on a normal basis my method works fine.