PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Nanaimo shoots

timberhunter
10-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Nanaimo will be holding its yearly Pumkin shoot on October 29.
registration will start approx 8:30 am
9:30 shotgun start
There will be hot coffee and tea for those who come early.
Hamburgers, hotdogs, and the other usual goodies for sale at lunch.
And a lots of raffel prizes. Plus there will also be a traditional bow give away. I'm not sure if this is going to be a kids longbow/recurve or an adults longbow/recurve. I haven't received the bow yet.

As well we will be running our yearly Turkey shoot on December 10.
The shoot schedual will run pretty much the same as the pumkin shoot time wise. And food wise.
Turkeys will be drawn by random tickets. One out of every three shooters will take home a turkey.

Any questions or if you need directions please feel free to contact me at
Timberhunter1@shaw.ca

Thanks
Marc

timberhunter
10-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Just a reminder to all the archers about Nanaimo's Pumpkin shoot this sunday. Oct 29.

Looks like its going to be nice weather for us this year.

Our raffel bow for this shoot is a 50# take down hunter recurve. From checkmate archery.

See you there.

Marc S.

Hilgy
10-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey Mark,

I'm am trying to put a face to your name right now. I didnt know you where from the fish and game. I have been a very involved member in Nanaimo for about 5 years now mostly on the skeet and trap side. I'm the guy that drives the little black susuki with the white top. My mom and little sister started shooting archery with you guys after the open house(laura and hailey hilgersom) so I 'm sure that I know you just cant place the name.

This will be the first Turkey shoots that I will have missed in about 7 years(working in Red Deer). I hope you guys get good weather and a good turn out this year. It is a lot of work for only a few vounteers evey year(what will we do when Al Brown is gone).

Anyways good luck with your shoots and if your near the trap house on turkey shoot day stick your head in and tell George and the rest of the grumpy old *******s that Kris Hilgersom says hello.

p.s sorry to hyjack your thread it was just nice to hear from someone at the club. I miss hanging out up there.