PDA

View Full Version : Second $100. Band!

rbduck
10-02-2006, 12:06 PM
One of my partners shot a goose last night with a $100. band on it! He shot one last year also. I don`t know how many waterfowl were banded with those bands( I have heard 500 for North America) but what are the odds of one hunter getting two in a row? He`s buying the pizza when he gets the money. His last one turned out to be $120.00 because of the exchange rate.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/438470.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=438470&c=500&z=1)
The one on the right.

Ron:lol:

ZENYO
10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Nice Picture! Uhm... $100 Band? Whats that?

CanAm500
10-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Nice Picture! Uhm... $100 Band? Whats that?

Ive never heard of a $100 band before.

Ian F.
10-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Cool!

They did black ducks a few years back in the east and I got one when I was hunting with my dad, didn't know they did geese!

FYI, the reward bands are there to get an index of band reports. They compare normal years, against reward years to develop a statistic for how many banded birds are actually killed so they can keep the estiamte formulas as accurate as possible.

Very best,

IAn

NEEHAMA
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
what does the band say on it? does it say "you win" ? how is it different than the regular bands? and how many do you think i've already thrown away?....lol

Ian F.
10-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Note sure with Geese, but with ducks they double band them, regular on one leg, reward on the other. THe band says REWARD and then the amount right on it (imprinted). THe black duck one I got was green, but when I was working with DU we trapped a bird that had a $50 GOLD reward band, it looked too cool! but we weren't allowed too keep it.

Very best,

Ian

rocksteady
10-03-2006, 08:11 AM
I thought it was like the talking beer cans, when you opened up the goose guts, it talked to you and said you had won a prize....:wink: :wink:

Dano
10-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Very cool and nice bag of geese!
I've only shot 4 banded birds, no rewards... One goose had a yellow collar and a Gadwal had a blue plastic band through it's bill.
If you want more cash, you can sell bands on ebay and get $30-50 for most. Unreported bands and unreported reward bands will get much more than the reward value.... unfortunately you won't have the momento but a picture can be a good substitute.
Keep the pictures coming, we need the bird hunting segment of this site to all ad their stories and pictures this year for everyone to enjoy when they can't get out!
Dano