PDA

View Full Version : Yet another bear video!

Tank
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I hope this works.....

from earlier this month, this bear was my buddies first.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7299329292663475311&hl=en-CA

MB_Boy
09-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Nice work.....both by your buddy and by you on the camera!!

Will
09-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Awesome ! :smile:
Gotta love it when those Buggers make it into the Bush:|
Nice Bear8-)

lip_ripper00
09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
good video !!

CNE
09-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Great video. You can hear the bullet real good on the second shot.

Freshtracks
09-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Fantastic video ... I hope everyone understands what them brutes can take and still say find me. Great great job guys. Congrats on an awesome fall bruin.

bsa30-06
09-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Excellent video.Awesome bear, i like the white patch on the chest.

livingston
09-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Nice video!! Looks like a really chuncky bear.

PGKris
09-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Well I looked at both vids and they are both wicked. I might have to try this spring bear thing. You guys make it look pretty damn fun.

CanAm500
09-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Nice bear and great video!!!

CanAm500
09-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Before I foget to ask. What was the length on that bipod that guy had?
Was that one for sitting?

BROTHERSAGE
09-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Nice bear, I'm leaving for princeton on the 8th and after watching this great video I can't wait to go hunting.This is my second year so It's all new for me. CONGRATS!!

Tank
09-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Before I foget to ask. What was the length on that bipod that guy had?
Was that one for sitting?

The bipod was maybe 3ft long? I made it a couple of years ago out of a pair of dowels and a nut n' bolt...cost maybe 10 bucks. It usually rides around in the box of the truck when we are road hunting spring bear. It works pretty good from a sitting postion when theres nothin else available for a rest.

todbartell
09-28-2006, 08:23 PM
cool video

what rifle/bullet combo was used by the primary shooter?? and where was the first shot placed?

i say again, cool vid! 8-)

The Hermit
09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
What caliber gun was that?

willyqbc
09-29-2006, 12:39 AM
AHA!! I see you figured out the problems and got the video to upload!! right on....good vid!

Chris

Kirby
09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Great video. And damn nice bear!!

As to the bi-pod seems alot like this one... http://www.varmintal.net/abifu.htm I used one when I was rifle hunting, or if I am shooting at coyotes.

Kirby

Tank
09-29-2006, 06:24 AM
The shooter was using my 375 h&h which sending out 260 grn accubonds at around 2800 fps. The bear was hit twice...poorly. The first came in low and nearly took the arm off above the elbow. the second follow up shot clipped the back of the bears ass...just enough to knock him over. We had a bit of tracking job before the bear was recoverd. It just goes to show that shot placement is critical!

Seth
09-29-2006, 07:04 AM
[quote=Tank]The shooter was using my 375 h&h which sending out 260 grn accubonds at around 2800 fps. The bear was hit twice...poorly.

I should say so! You'de think if that bear were hit in the boiler room with a 260gr. he'd be ass over tea kettle, done like dinner. Excellent video by the way!

willyqbc
09-29-2006, 07:37 AM
We had a bit of tracking job before the bear was recoverd.

Tank is being to modest.....they tracked this bear for a day and a half, long after most would have given up. They lost the trail.... sometimes for hours at a time, picking it up again after spending time on hands and knees looking, or grid searching likely possibilities. My hats off to these three, they perservered and recovered the animal. Good job guys!

Chris

Steeleco
09-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Great work guys, both on finding the bruin and shooting the video!! If I can't get as often as I'd like I can always watch others having a good time!!

todbartell
09-29-2006, 08:45 AM
so you tracked a bear that had only a busted leg and a clipped arse? :shock:

that could of been one LIVELY opponent :eek:

bigwhiteys
09-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Tank is being to modest.....they tracked this bear for a day and a half, long after most would have given up. They lost the trail.... sometimes for hours at a time, picking it up again after spending time on hands and knees looking, or grid searching likely possibilities. My hats off to these three, they perservered and recovered the animal. Good job guys!

Chris

I like to hear that... Good on you guys for sticking it out and recovering your trophy. Great vid by the way!

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Tank
09-29-2006, 08:57 AM
so you tracked a bear that had only a busted leg and a clipped arse? :shock:

that could of been one LIVELY opponent :eek:

That thought definitely kept us on our toes. We ended up catching the bear about a mile from where he was first hit. The bush was VERY thick and the bear had finally pulled a few yards off the trail that he was traveling down and waited for us to pass by. Luckily for us he was a little worse for wear after being left over night and only had enough juice left to stand his ground. My dad finished him off with a 7mm round to the head. All's well that ends well...but I still don't want to repeat that performance any time soon!

yote
09-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the video and good job keeping on that bear to recovery of the animal. Sometimes sh*t happens and you have to make the best of it.

BCrams
09-29-2006, 11:06 AM
I always enjoy videos ........ but I have to say your buddy seriously needs time at the gun range or learn to shoot a smaller rifle. To wound a bear at nearly point blank range with shooting sticks under those circumstances is not necessary, thats a slam dunk broadside clean shot into the boiler.

I suppose there's some allowance if he was shaking like aspen leaves in a hurricane.

Good job recovering the bear though.

Elkhound
09-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Excellent video. Enjoyed it very much. From straight on he looked like quite the chunky monkey. Great job on your persistance to find him. First bear, maybe your friend was shaking like a leaf.

Congrats Ben

Tank
09-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I always enjoy videos ........ but I have to say your buddy seriously needs time at the gun range or learn to shoot a smaller rifle. To wound a bear at nearly point blank range with shooting sticks under those circumstances is not necessary, thats a slam dunk broadside clean shot into the boiler.

I suppose there's some allowance if he was shaking like aspen leaves in a hurricane.

Good job recovering the bear though.

The shooter does have a healthy phobia of bears. Thats why we were trying to get him into a "perfect" set up for his first one. His rifle was having issues prior to the hunt, so he opted to use mine. If he had been another 4 inches higher the bear wouldn't have left the field. this stuff will happen every so often, despite being very carefull. I'm just glad that it worked out in the end.

Steeleco
09-29-2006, 02:16 PM
The shooter does have a healthy phobia of bears.
In my mind your not healthy (in mind) if you don't. That's why it's a bigger rush for me hunitng bears.

oldtimer
09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Even though I heard all about this bear it is great to see the video. Once again it shows that a huge caliber is not always the answer. Practise and experience. Good video james.

Ben Fougere
10-04-2006, 04:13 AM
I have to say from first hand experience that I have learned a great deal from my first bear. I picked up a rifle for the first time four years ago, and have always had that "healthy phobia" of bears that James talks about. After numerous times out bear hunting with James and passing up a smaller bear with the shotgun one year I thought that this year was to be the year. Oh, but of course, my 30-06 started having problems and I opted to use James' rifle for the trip.

A word of advice for beginners.......use your own rifles and always aim where you know is the right spot. Better to be a little high than low. I've taken two other big game in the past now with the 30-06 and have had no problems. This time I thought that I'd listen to people when they said that I should aim more forward on the animals. Of course, this bear proved to be decieving and should I have hit it four inches higher it would have not gone very far.

Best advice I can give from experience......IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT CALIBRE YOU USE, IT'S ALL ABOUT SHOT PLACEMENT.

Have fun out there guys and keep those videos flowing. I know that I'll be posting a spring bear video this coming year. :lol:

260 Rem
03-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Trying to delete.. posted in errror... sorry.