PDA

View Full Version : When, where and what

stonesheep
06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Lets get a new post going here so we can all ask questions, and if we are lucky maybe get a bit of info on a new area, or a game animal we may have wanted to go after, but didnt know where or when the best time to do it may be. :D

stonesheep
06-20-2004, 07:09 PM
If all my plans fall in line with the stars , and my pocket book this year I will be heading up to Quesnell the first week of oct for a week of moose hunting, along with some good fall bear hunting on vancouver island (where I call home). I also plan to make a trip to Dease lake area or Golden area for Mounatin Goats in either late sept or late oct, ill wait for the leh results before I hammer it all down.. :D These are my fall plans without factoring all the leh tags that i may or MAY NOT get. I will also do some blacktail hunting here on the island for some good winter BBQ meat.

bone-collector
06-20-2004, 10:39 PM
LEH's will determine my entire fall hunting plans (other than getting the kid his first bear :D )

Silverado
06-23-2004, 11:05 PM
It looks like we'll be moving to the East Kootenays in August. I won't likely miss Vancouver much, I can tell ya that. I know of a few good places for deer and elk, but I'd like to get some idea of good spots for birds.

If my read on the regs is correct, that whole area is LEH only for moose. Where are some good areas (I guess North of there?) a fellow might go for a moose? It would be my first moose, so I'm certainly not looking for a big trophy, just a good meat moose.

Any pointers?

todbartell
06-23-2004, 11:24 PM
This September I may be going on a 14 day fly-in hunt in the Peace for moose, elk, and sheep. there is other species too, but these are the main three.

other than that, some local moose hunting, deer hunting, and the migratory bird hunting here.

06-24-2004, 10:51 AM
LEH will determine what part of the province l end up hunting in...Have plan A,B,and C, but it all depends if any draws come my way. Could end up in Aklin depending on results and local fire conditions. Barring any draws, its a home effort. One good thing l have noticed, there are more and more moose showing up in region 8 and in south/eastern parts of region 3.
Silverado.......what part of the Kootenays you going to call home?? As mentioned Region 8 has moose, but not to the degree of region 7.

BCrams
06-24-2004, 01:02 PM
August is firmed up and the rest of the fall is "tentative" -

August - 2 week sheep hunt

September - Elk hunting and alpine mule deer

October - sheep hunt (if unsuccessful in August)
goat hunt if drawn
some bird shooting
calf moose if I don't get an elk

November - mule deer hunting the peace, chilcotin and around home
whitetails in Saskatchewan

December - bow hunting muley bucks in the chilcotin

Gateholio
06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
This September I may be going on a 14 day fly-in hunt in the Peace for moose, elk, and sheep. there is other species too, but these are the main three.

other than that, some local moose hunting, deer hunting, and the migratory bird hunting here.

*******!! Why didn't you call me?? :D I'm in!!! :D :P

BCHunter
06-24-2004, 10:30 PM
I could squeeze you in my back pack for my fly in trip... :roll:

Gateholio
06-24-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm 6 ft and about 265lbs...I was 220 and only muscle whe I was 16..I'm WIDE!

I don't squeeze anywhere :D

bcboy
06-25-2004, 08:01 AM
I'am 5'9" and down to 195 so kick that big Gatehouse out and save some gas and go with a new leaner :D meaner :x bcboy 8)

3kills
06-25-2004, 08:09 AM
leh's make the descions for me...but with the odds for the gf's whitetail draw looks like we will be spending some time just south of kelowna...any info on the area would be great...

Salty
06-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Well if I score an elk draw locally I probably won't hunt anywhere else. And I'll definitely hunt some blacktail near home, elk draw or not. Barring that I might end up on a boat to Powell River or Rupert :wink:

bone-collector
06-26-2004, 01:46 PM
well we may meet on that boat :lol: , they dont control these fires soon I will be looking for a new hunting area for a couple of seasons , pretty much lost 50% of our prime moose hunting areas already and alot of good bear areas as well :x

Steeleco
06-26-2004, 03:37 PM
To BCHunter, I have a great idea, lets say you bring me along, you never know when you'll need an aircraft mechanic. :lol: :lol: :lol: My last fly in trip the magneto packed it in and killed the battery. Fun and games the rest of that day. Have a good one. steeleco

Salty
06-26-2004, 05:37 PM
well we may meet on that boat :lol: , they dont control these fires soon I will be looking for a new hunting area for a couple of seasons , pretty much lost 50% of our prime moose hunting areas already and alot of good bear areas as well :x

One can only hope that the fires are slow enough that most of the critters get out of the way. Might be good a few years down the road then. 8) Sucks for now though Bones! But hey if your stuck theres just the odd hog around here :!:

Silverado
06-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Hey 416,
We'll be moving to Invermere. The GF's parents live there, so I've spent some time in and around there. I'm mostly just looking to network with some other hunters and shooters in the neighbourhood :wink: