PDA

View Full Version : Rookie question, Sorry.

sgt.maj
09-26-2006, 04:24 PM
I am a total rookie to hunting and live in Abbotsford. I would like to go after grouse, but have no Idea where to find them. Can they be found in any areas around say, Mission or Chilliwack? Any point in the right direction would be appreciated. I don't want anyones specific hunting ground, I would just like a general vicinity to start in. Thanks for helping a rookie.

Dirty
09-26-2006, 04:49 PM
up around the tamahi fsr or towards chipmunk creek

bsa30-06
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I've seen a couple on the east side of harrison lake (2-18)., and i know there are lots in the 3-17 area (Lytton area to be specific).I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in soon.Oh and theres no reason to be sorry for asking questions around this place.Good luck.

Steeleco
09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Just about any loggin road east of Abby, Sylvester rd and further east. It's like all hunting, right time right place.

mattchu_19
09-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Go up to merrit around kentucky lake, tons of grouse there. just have to drive up and down the logging roads. a bunch of my girlfriend family went up about 2 weeks ago and got a bunch.

fuzzwilkens
09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I was just up on the logging roads around Murray Lake on the weekend and got some Spruce Grouse and spotted some Ruffled as well.

Has anyone had any luck this year on the logging roads above Sasquatch Provincial Park north of Harrison Hot Springs? That would be close for him.

sgt.maj
09-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the responses, I will try far up sylvesters logging roads soon and then try up Harrison way. I will let you know how I fair.

Thanks again.

bsa30-06
09-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Has anyone had any luck this year on the logging roads above Sasquatch Provincial Park north of Harrison Hot Springs? That would be close for him.[/quote]

I've only seen 2 grouse in this area so far this year,and there both still there cause i didn't shoot them.I'm in this area frequently so if you see a guy in a newer blue dodge pick-up stop and say hi.

rookie32
10-14-2006, 06:09 PM
I am also a rookie and wondering if you had any luck with any of the suggested locations.

I am in Vancouver. If anyone has any suggestions closer my way for grouse, it would be appreciated.

mr eagle
10-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Up around the Coquihalla toll booth are is good.

hoochie
10-15-2006, 12:25 AM
if you go to mission heading into deroche.. take the Slyvester road turn off and head up in the woods that way ( Davis lake area). pass the lake and keep heading up the hills. I have seen many grouse there, and its not all that far away. They seem to always be "around the corner" so slow down and watch the bottoms of the trees.. you'll see um. There arent tonnes of them, but there are a few to be found.
And if you are going to travel some place for them.. I was near Kamloops hunting deer, and got 5 grouse.. no problem. Very easy to find.