PDA

View Full Version : mounts for .22

3kills
06-16-2004, 12:05 AM
i just pulled my old kurt muller fixed 4x32 off of my 303 and i want to mount it on my .22...what would be a good cheap way of doing this???any body got some suggestions..thanx in advance guys...

zigman
06-16-2004, 08:34 AM
I bought some mounts for under $20 from my local hunting store. They seem to be working fine.
I think that on a .22 you should be able to get awat with almost any of the mounting systems that are offered as long as your .22 will accept the mounts.

Tank
06-16-2004, 10:40 AM
I have bad luck with cheap 22 mounts in the past. They worked fine for for the minimal recoil of the the 22, but were easily bumped of target by the usual accidental bumps and jars of your average hunting trip :( . I would go a step or two up from the bottom end and choose mounts designed for a big bore rifle. the few extra bucks spent now can save alot of frustration in the field :wink: .

3kills
06-16-2004, 01:16 PM
my .22 doesnt seem to be drilled or anything for scope mounts all it has is grooves...can i get a good mounts and rings that will go into the grooves for this scope???

06-16-2004, 03:16 PM
l used to have a bushnell mounted on that grove system on a .22 that worked well for me. Actually now that l think about it, l still have that scope and mount. The set up l had needed the scope with a edge on it to accept the mount, but l have seen rings mounted on the grooves too, which l never heard any complaints about........

grizz
06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
If your reciever has a 3/8 dovetail running the length of it a standard set of rings for 3/8 dovetail and 1" scope should fit just fine.I have a few sets left.They are new and I want $20 delivered.
Grizz

3kills
06-17-2004, 12:02 AM
thanx for all the great info guys..i went into the powderkeg in town here and talk to a friend of mine that works there and i asked him what i would need and he showed me and i m going to pick them up on friday...thanx for the offer grizz but i can get them here for a lil cheaper but thanx anyways....