View Full Version : Tags ?

boxhitch
10-29-2011, 06:13 PM
How does the 'tag' function work ?
I have tagged several posts but cannot find how to retrieve them
thanks

Bow Walker
10-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Type the 'tag' word(s) into the Search panel. It should look for those words first.

boxhitch
10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Guess I'll have to pick a special supersecret code tag, something more cryptic. Using 'sheep' and then using the search gives several dozen pages of hits which are just listed by date as usual.
What does happen though is an icon shows up on the ones I have tagged.

boxhitch
06-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Would be nice if the tagged posts were the first on the search list or on a separate list than generic posts

Bow Walker
06-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Each tag word you type into the search panel will be looked for when you hit the search button often generating more than you wanted.

Have you tried the Advanced Search with its varied options?

You can search by username, by keywords, by tags, and by using 4 or 5 other options. That should narrow your search results.

Of course - using tags or keywords that are common place will result in too much junk.

boxhitch
06-05-2012, 09:49 PM
The recent posts asking about backpack contents got me again.
Have about a dozen posts from the past, asking the same question and answers, tagged with 'gear' for easy recall and search.
Search for 'gear' gives about 500 hits.
I can encrypt a code tag, good for me, but not so good for anyone else doing the same search.
Minor issue, I know.
Maybe others would use tags if it was a more usable function

Bow Walker
06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Creative usage of the "tags" option will give you the results you are looking for.

Multiple tags will help in narrowing the search results. Using just one tag option will generate every thread, reply, title, and instance where that one word appears in print.

Narrow the parameters. Give the search engine something to work with.