PDA

View Full Version : homemade layout ideas

Bucks&Ducks
09-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I just got permission on a new field with tons of geese using it for the heritage day shoot, unfortunatly they are in the middle of the field in knee deep green grass. I dont have a layout because I usually hunt the edges of corn fields so this is new territory for me, Can anyone reccomend something I can use to stay hidden with a low profile such as a homemade layout blind or something similar,

Thanks,
B&D

Crazy_Farmer
09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Burlap with freshly cut green grass zap strapped to it. Cheap.

Ian F.
09-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Astro turf and a pillow, not kidding!

FirePower
09-29-2011, 10:04 AM

I concure whole heartedly, We have used it and in a fresh green feeld it really works. However you may want to pick up a small camo tarp to lay on dew's pretty heavy these days.

lorneparker1
09-29-2011, 01:55 PM

yup!

Lorne

or even cheaper use your blind bag as a pillow and spray paint some burlap the same colour as the feild. dont move and kill em!+

Ian F.
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Tarp? Go luxury man, thermarest!

Bucks&Ducks
09-29-2011, 03:47 PM
thanks for the input guys, I have a green lawn chair cushion I could lay on and just picked up some green felt from a sewing shop, im gonna cut a few parallell strips through it to weave some natural veg into it and hopefully it will look pretty good, lots of geese there so hopefully a few will bite!