PDA

View Full Version : Leupold binos

Husky7mm
09-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Looking at the cascade or pinacle 10x42's any body own one of them? Do you like them, have you ever had to deal with warranty?

elkster
09-02-2006, 07:40 PM
I've got the cascades in 10 x 42. I love them, nice and bright. Haven't needed any warranty stuff, so don't know

Husky7mm
09-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Cant remember were the cascades the more expensive or was it the pinicales.

Steeleco
09-02-2006, 08:54 PM
The Pinnacles are the more costly of the two. If they'd been a little closer to the $400 I wanted to spend I'd own a pair. I bought the Nikon Monarchs and love them. Buy the most expensive you can afford, they'll last a lifetime!!!

Mauser98
09-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I've used Leupold Cascade 8X42's for the last 5 years and love them!!. They probably add 30-40 minutes of hunting time per day.

blaker_99
11-08-2006, 11:45 PM
My entire family uses Leupold scopes for all our rifles and they are amazing optics. On the other hand we all have swarovski binos. Me myself i use the Swarovski 10x42 EL Binoculars which are the most amazing binos i have ever looked through (hence the outragous price) luckily they were a Christmas gift from my pops. On that nope buy the most expensive binos you can afford, you'll enjoy them a lot longer and more. We have also had exceptional warrenty on all our Leupold scopes. cheers.

Onesock
11-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Cabelas Euro binoculars are made by swaro at 1/2 the cost. Great binos.

Johnnybear
11-16-2006, 09:53 PM
I purchased a pair of Cascade 10 x42's this year and love them. I don't think warranty will be an issue.Like everyone says buy the best you can afford. I would have bought the pinnacles or better but I bought a rangefinder at the same time.

chola
11-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Cascade 10x42's...simply amazing for the price in my opinion...just a smidge over $400...very nice glass...the waranty on them is lifetime,but only for the original purchaser according to the Leupold site....

I did however purchase a used WindRiver Sequoia spotting scope(green ring)..was a bit finicky to focus clearly,sent it to the warranty center,they sent me back a brand spanking new one...phenominal service in my books:)

manitou210
12-11-2006, 11:11 PM
My brother has Leupolds and they are good but not great, for the money,

Take a look at Minox, just got a pair this fall twighlight factor is a very high 25, they are amazing in low light, mine are 12by52mm A llittle hard to hold maybe the 10x is way to go, depends where you hunt.

WoodOx
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Ive got a pair of bushnells (forget the exact model) that are in the $200 range. One hunting partner of mine uses Nikons, and my Dad uses Swaroskis. My binos are clearer than either of theirs.

Look through a couple models before you buy. I dont know why, but the bushnells are clearer, and much much cheaper!

Husky7mm
12-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I went with the leupold cascades. Very happy.:-D Bushnell can lick my ass.:evil: I have a pair of bushnell legends ($500) The Eye cup pulled completly out and they denied warranty. 2 yrs old. Said it was abuse and misuse. Yet they advertise how "rugged and hi quality" they are. They wanted $370 from me to fix them. I can almost buy knew ones for that. Now there just paper wieghts. And It took from June until Dec to send them back.:mad:
They lost a good young customer. I'm swithing everything. To bad for them I was going to get a rangefinder and a trail cam. Bushnell Optics= disposable optics.
hbc members CONSIDER WARRANTY WHEN SPENDING GOOD MONEY.
BUSHNELL MAGNIFIY MY MIDDLE FINGER:lol:

Johnnybear
12-13-2006, 12:27 AM
BUSHNELL MAGNIFIY MY MIDDLE FINGER:lol: [/quote]

LMAO:lol: .
My father inlaw did the same thing. He had one bad Leupy scope and switched to Baush and Lomb. Didn't work out for him and he's back on the Leupy bandwagon.

Great choice on the bino's. I lent mine to a buddy on a trip this year and he's going out and buying a pair too. Great glass for the money.

huntcoop
12-13-2006, 02:21 PM
What about the Leupold Olympics, they are 10x50....any of you have any thoughts on those? Also would the 12x50 pair be too hard to hold steady?