PDA

View Full Version : Leupold VX 111 vs Nikon Monarch

Caveman
09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Looking for a new scope. Down to a couple and looking for some opinions from guys who have either. It will be either a Leupold VX 111 3-9 or the Nikon Monarch 3-9 Any opinions. Both locally are the same price so that is not really the issue. Thanks guys

kutenay
09-02-2006, 03:12 PM
I am just buying my first VX-III, a 1.75x6HD to go on my Dakota 76-.338 Win. I have had about three dozen Leupies and have quite a few now, they are my favourite scope and I have West German Zeiss, etc. as well.

I like Leupie because of excellent quality, LONG eye relief and BIG "eye box", I crawl my stocks and find that I can acquire my target faster with Leupie than anything else. Also, Leupy has the BEST customer service in the business and they can be repaired in Canada which is important to me.

I would choose Leupie, no question and I certainly will be buying more of them.

BlacktailStalker
09-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Havent looked through a Monarch but shoot through a VX3 4.5-14 boone and crockett on my 300wsm and it's oh so sweet. Buy both and look through them in a failing light in hunting conditions and go with whatever one gathers more light if you really cant decide. Personal preference should be your deciding factor.