PDA

View Full Version : notices ?

boxhitch
07-04-2011, 01:20 PM
What do the colored envelope symbols to the left of thread titles mean ?

Also I've noticed that threads I have replied to usually get an arrow added to the envelope symbol , but not consistantly every time. Sometimes it shows up days after, sometimes never. What determines when the arrow is added ?

Steeleco
07-04-2011, 02:35 PM
The envelope is pink if you've not read it, gray if you have. The arrow indicates you've posted in that thread. Then there's the img's for threads being locked or closed.
Your right thought, it's not very consistent.

MB_Boy
07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
The envelope is pink if you've not read it, gray if you have. The arrow indicates you've posted in that thread. Then there's the img's for threads being locked or closed.
Your right thought, it's not very consistent.

Ya.....it seems a bit all over the map as far as seeing what threads you have posted in. I posted in one this morning.....no arrow on it as I just checked now.

And Dave.....the grey and red I don't believe is whether or not you have read the thread. There are tons of threads in grey that I have not read? I was wondering if it has to do something with the number of views in a thread? In looking around in a couple of the forums it almost seems like the threshold may be about 150 views or so?

For example, I rarely read any threads in the reloading forum...but when I look in there I see red and grey envelopes....I am pretty sure it has something to do with the red showing the thread is "heating up" with the number of views. :confused:

<EDIT> Just spent a few minutes looking through a few of the different forums and it seems as though 150 views may indeed be the threshold if you take a look through....red envelopes are definitely ALWAYS above the 150 view mark...not replies but views.

boxhitch
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks MB that makes more sense, now that I look at it that way

reach
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
The problem with the arrows is this. If a thread is not "hot" (grey background, presumably if it has not passed the threshold number of views), AND there are new posts, AND you have posted in that thread, then the little green arrow does not show up. This is a bug in the site configuration.

If there are no new posts, or the thread is "hot" (pink background), then the green arrow always shows up correctly if you've posted in that thread.

358mag
08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
What do the colored envelope symbols to the left of thread titles mean ?

Also I've noticed that threads I have replied to usually get an arrow added to the envelope symbol , but not consistantly every time. Sometimes it shows up days after, sometimes never. What determines when the arrow is added ?
You sending this from outpost camp or home town ???