PDA

View Full Version : B.C. Seniors Games

Canuck2
08-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Any other old far...er, old goats on here besides me? The Seniors Games, which has everything from cribbage to hockey, goes in Abbotsford this week.

Is there anyone else here who shot their zone qualifiers earlier and will be attending the archery event? If you're 55 or older and missed the opportunity this year, I heartily recommend you aim for next year. In 2007, the games are in Nanaimo and the following year they'll be in Prince George. It's a blast - mixture of 3D and regular target shooting out to about 60 yards (55m).

So, if there are some shooters who see this and will be there, let me know. We'll take care of our thirst in the off hours.

Fred
08-22-2006, 12:59 AM
You coming out for it Jack? Fred

Mr. Dean
08-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Ahhh. The Geazer Olympics! :lol::lol::lol:

The Pop in Law is on the curling team from Chase. They took the GOLD last two years running. 8)

I'll be out for a visit and see what's goin on as a spectator. Not sure which day though.

Walksalot
08-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Good luck Jack.

Canuck2
08-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Fred, I'll be there, although my shoulders will be kicking and screaming the whole time. How about you?

Mr. Dean, old geezer games indeed!:mad: :wink: If you're still around when it's time to relax, I'll be happy to buy you a refreshment. I'll be the good looking guy in either a Hoyt hat or one that says Canuck2 on it. Gold in the summer sport of curling, eh. Good for your Pop. I've got the silver in archery the last 2 years, but my wife (in reference to 'Seniors Games') calls it grey.:icon_frow

Thanks John. Gonna need plenty of that.

Fred
08-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Where are they being held this year Jack and exactly which dates? By the way, Ex-BC-Guide and I will be on the road tomorrow headed for the central Okanagan to meet with Xcalibre and hopefully Walksalot.(I need a fresh Peach fix!:oops: ) Fred

Mr. Dean
08-23-2006, 01:33 AM
I've got the silver in archery the last 2 years

GOOD ON YOU!

Fred: 8645 Stave Lk. Road/Street (?) Mission.

Fred
08-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Dean, I see that they are on now but according to Jacks schedule they are in Abbottsford. Is this an error? Fred

Mr. Dean
08-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Dean, I see that they are on now but according to Jacks schedule they are in Abbottsford. Is this an error? Fred

Not suuuuuure..........Likely the curling rink is in mission and the archery disiplines are in Abby?

Each would reqire it's own special 'turf'. Just a hunch.

Canuck2
08-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Mr. Dean and Fred, I just got home early this evening and I left for the coast too soon to see your messages until just now. The archery venue was actually inside the Abbotsford Airport grounds - they locked us in there every night. Mr. Dean, did you happen to get there? If so, we obviously didn't connect. The turnout this year was disappointing but I hauled home a gold. Did you get your peaches, Fred?

Mr. Dean
08-30-2006, 12:01 AM
We only got over to the curling venue...........OUR geezers got their gold to!! We were happy to see them winning their final game.