PDA

View Full Version : New Scam, Beware!

M.Dean
06-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Just a heads up, I received a call today from The Micro Soft Virus team. Kinda sounded Official to me, for a few minutes, the guy said he's a Trouble Shooter for Micro Soft and was I having a few problems with speed and such, and yes I have been. So, good thing my Son in Law was here, he's a computer Tech for BCLC, and knows a bit more than me! I gave him the phone and he took the guy through his whole spiel, then told him where to put his Anti Virus Special Deal! The guy will ask you to click here, and type this in there type thing, he'll then ask you to let there Tech's hook up to your computer to " Clean it Out"!!! And, from what Ash say's, they'll clean your P/C out all right! So, just beware if you get the "Official" call from Micro Soft, maybe let the kids know, or anyone that can follow there On-line Scam! Oh Ya, sounds like the guy was in Bangladesh by his accent!!!

spreerider
06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
i got this same one a few weeks ago, pretty sad scam, the guy sounded very suspicious especially when he asked for a credit card number or my computer would be useless, then told me to search out some regular system files that i know have to be on the computer, and the guy kept telling me they are virus files and will wreck my computer.
also the guy i got said he was from the windows company and had a very heavy accent and i could hear lots of other people talking in the background.