PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunt at Sooke Mtn Park?

jethro
08-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I have been looking for places in the Victoria area to hunt for upland birds and waterfowl. I noticed that hunting is allowed at Sooke Mtn Park. Has anyone ever hunted there? How is the access? Did you see any game. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
J

Blacktail
08-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Access is a problem
You will have to park at the end of Harbourview road and walk a long way to get to the park
The problem is the property between is privately owned and the only access to the park is by walking in.

livingston
08-17-2006, 05:16 PM
The property from Harborview is CRD property now and I know they dont allow hunting on their side.I didnt see any signs saying no hunting last time i was up there though.

fozzy
08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I used to hunt up there lots. This year with any luck and spare time I'll give it a go again. I don't mind walking in. I'd love to pull a nice buck out of there after the huggers locked up that area.

jethro
08-30-2006, 12:18 PM
How far is the hike in approximately? I don't mind hiking a couple km, but if its too far, I'll look for somewhere else. Has anyone seen grouse up there?

Seth
08-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Before Harbourview became TLC we took three deer out of there. It was an awsome area, not as full of undergrowth as other places. TLC; what a load of crap. Our tax dollars have been lent to a group of tree huggers so that they can develope an area that is too far the average joe blow public to hike into and at the same time they prey on the ignorant public outside of Capital Iron and on the radio for donations to build a friggin' gravel trail two hours deep into the bush. "Here, buy one of our stupid rubber duckies for a rediculous donation so that we can shut down an area used by hundreds of hunters and outdoor recreationalists". In case you couldn't tell the loss of Harbourview and the TLC is a sore spot. . .

FLHTCUI
11-05-2006, 08:33 AM
"Here, buy one of our stupid rubber duckies for a rediculous donation so that we can shut down an area used by hundreds of hunters and outdoor recreationalists". In case you couldn't tell the loss of Harbourview and the TLC is a sore spot. . .

Nope Never woulda figured that was a sore spot Seth ;)
Keep the pressure on!
Rob

zacho
12-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Hiking from the End of Harbour View Road to Shields Lake will take 3-4 hours it's quite a hike. Pulling out a deer from there would be tiresome. There is no hunting areas surrounding this area from CRD watershed. I saw some deer droppings, 2 Owls, and a tonne of Black Bear poop. They are there just expect to hike.