PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fishing

FullDraw
08-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I hit the flow this morning and broke my 2 year in a row record for getting skunked. Limited out in about an hour, I farmed the 1st fish and the other 2 hit the cooler. Was a nice day not to busy. The wife is choked see couldn't come but I'm thinking she put's a salmon curse on me when we fish together.

FullDraw

CNE
08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I've been out there twice. 1 and 1. only fished 10 minutes last night and caught one on my 4th cast. I can see why there are so many fights on that river. I cant beleive how rude those guys are. It's an embarasment. I showed up and calmly waited for some guys to leave for 40 minutes then took their spot and was into fish asap. As I was bringing in, some other bozo walked right in and took my spot. I was soo mad I just walked away.
There is no such thing as ethics on that river. I 've fished it many times and have a pretty damn good idea what im doing, every time i go i see this kind of stufff.
I'm taking my boat from now on!!!

ruger#1
08-07-2006, 06:43 PM
thats why i fish from the boat, used to fish the shore, to many ignorant pecker heads on shore. lots of greedy people.

FullDraw
08-07-2006, 08:13 PM
We watched some guy pop his anchor to chase after a fish, he quickly drifted down stream and tangled with the guy below him no harsh words where said kinda surprised me, another thing that blows me away is when your anchored and some dick head drops his anchor 25' behind your boat and then lets out maybe if your lucky 15' of rope doesn't give you a lot of room to land your fish with out some major tangles or if you get your line tangled in there's they get all choked up, hmmm a little common sense say's I was here 1st. A just another day of combat fishing on the fraser over all it wasn't to bad I have seen a lot worse!

FullDraw.....Keep your lines tight and may your arrows fly straight!

ruger#1
08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
he was probably after a spring. ive seen people so made out there they actuly rammed the other guys boat. ive fished on that river before they shut down sturgeon fishing and was there when they opened up sockeye for the first time , and when people are out there sockeye fishing it is the worst. what i find that is funny is their are so many guys that catch their limit and keep fishing, which it should be like stealhead fishing,no more fishing after your limit. i like my fisheries jacket. it keeps a lot of idiots away from where im fishing.

FullDraw
08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Ruger these guy's where popping anchor to chase sockeye's seem's like a lot of work to me but that's what they were doing. I switched gear and fished for spring's while the bro in law fished for sock's but like you say to many guy's keep fishing. I like the ones who cross the flow in there 12' boat and put there fish in the cooler that is stored in trunk of there car and come back and limit out again, out'a site out of mind i guess.

FullDraw

ruger#1
08-07-2006, 09:07 PM
poping anchor for sockeye is dumb. i work 500 yrds from the fisheries yard and i will be haveing a talk with a few of the guys. i like fishing for springs , but some of the guids arnt to happy about the way things are going either. i was in the boat fishing for springs and the natives drift neted 20 yards infront of me. ive also seen a jet boat swamp a boat load of natives that were drifting in front of every one, they threatened people saying they had a shotgun on board well it is in the river with all their catch, wasnt a perty sight , i thought the guys os shore were going to stone them.

greybark
08-07-2006, 09:08 PM
:smile: Hey Fulldraw , Glad to see you did well . R and I had good intensions of getting out early but a tough night put an end to that .
;-) I wish Fisheries would come up with a Sockeye list (like Springs) on your licence and limit us to two fish a day , two sockeye or one spring and one sockeye , max one spring . Yearly harvest ten sockeye and ten springs . Then enforcement or the threat of enforcement would straighten out a lot of the BS out there .

cwocarsten
08-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Was out at the Peg Leg today with the other 300 plus fisherpeople. Caught my 2 sockeye and lost 2 nice springs. Lots of snagging people but I din't mind snagging the blonde once and her brunette friend twice they were good catches but like a good (married )sportsman I gently releleased them. Lots of rude pushy people but mostly happy people.

FullDraw
08-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Where you fishing out of a boat? I was around the corner in my boat, we tried to leave threw the top but turned around at the top from fear of getting hooked or hit by bounching betty's.

FullDraw

CNE
08-08-2006, 08:33 AM
i like my fisheries jacket. it keeps a lot of idiots away from where im fishing. I like that idea, where do i get me one of those.