PDA

View Full Version : "Sorry there are no new items to view"

Shooter
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I used to always log on here and just click the "New Posts" button. Every once in a blue moon it would just go to a blank page and in the middle of the page would say "sorry there are no new items to view" Even though on the home page it would say there were a number of "new posts". Usually that number of new posts was fairly low, however lately it seems almost every time I try to use the "new post" button I get that message. Like just a few minutes ago I attempted to log on for the first time today. It said there was almost 200 new posts, yet when I clicked it I got the message "sorry there are no new items to view". Lately I get that more times than I actually get to use the new post button. Anyone else have this issue?

Caveman
04-24-2011, 10:12 AM
I had, prior to the upgrades, but it hasn't happened since. It was annoying as hell!

Shooter
04-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I just logged on again and there are 170 new posts it says but I still get the same message "There are no new items to view"..... very annoying.

Marc
04-24-2011, 04:23 PM
What web browser are you using? What other programs are running in the back ground? New virus scan or pop up blocker? I've never had this issue on my computer and use the new post function all the time. Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Not sure what more to tell you but it seems isolated to you so far.

Shooter
04-24-2011, 04:26 PM
I use Firefox and also run Kaspersky AV. I also clear cookies on a regular basis. One thing I am going to try is logging out every time I leave. I have a habit of just shutting the browser down. Perhaps somehow it is not logging me out automatically?