PDA

View Full Version : Archery in Prince George

Sideofabarn
07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Hello all,
Calling all bowhunters and fishos, I am moving to Prince George to return to study, call it a mid life crisis if you will, and am looking for a range to fling sticks at. The woman who loves me and I are in town at the moment looking for a house, and we think we'll be in the college heights area. Anyone who wants to get together to down a few pops and talk some trash will be welcome in my home. By the way, I went looking for bear's den archery today and had no luck finding it, anyone know where it is? I could only find Johnson ST not Rd, on the freebie map from the tourist centre.
Thanks,
Toby

PGKris
07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Welcome aboard. Bear's Den Archery is no more. The only club in town now is Silvertip Archers, which I happen to hang out at frequently :) Right now you're kind of in the middle of seasons. The outdoor season is winding down and the indoor season won't start up again until october. If you want to start shooting some 3D you'll have to register as a member through either Kent Maitland (Pres) or Andy Lakey. My phone list has gone MIA (which is really bugging me) so I can't offer you a phone number at the moment. The outdoor range is about 10mins out of town on HWY 16 going east. Can't miss it. great big field on your left. The gate will be locked and you're not allowed to shoot there unless you're a member or in the company of a member. So either become a member for about $80 (I think) or let me know if you want to head out and I'll see if I'm not working and me and a couple buddies will show you around.
Kris

Sideofabarn
07-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey Kris,
I think I saw the range when we drove out from Barrhead the other day. Thanks for letting me know about Bear's den. Do you recommend any other stores in the area for archery stuff or do you order online? I suspect I'll have to order online, at least until the cabeals store in Boise Idaho is finished, at which point I'll scream road trip as often as possible. I went to a few of them in the US, and the new ones are huge. Enough to make a stick flinger drool

Sitkaspruce
07-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey

Welcome to the North, or at least the north Central.

Check out T&F Country Sports on Buckhorn Lk Rd south of town. He has a lot of stuff and he is comparable to prices from the bigger stores. His # is 250-961-3083. Also there is a good pro shop in Quesnel, North Country Archery, only a little over an hour from PG.

Cheers

willyqbc
07-26-2006, 01:19 PM
North Country archery is 250-992-9484....ask for Murray. Ted at T&F will also treat you well.

Chris

PGKris
07-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Ted at T&F Country Sports. Only place worth buying from in PG. The number given is actually his cell number. Home number is 250-963-7538. He'll have just about anything you'll need to buy.
I have no idea what or where "barrhead" is but if it's past the airport on HWY 16 you probably passed the range. Can't miss it. Lots of butts up right now.
Kris

Sideofabarn
07-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys. I will check out that store when we pass through to go down south. Barrhead is a small town about an hour north west of edmonchuck, and yes the only way west is via the yellowhead. We have spent the last few days finding our way around town (WWLM lived here as a kid) an I was last here a couple of years ago on a fishing trip. I think after the zoo of Vancouver I'm going to love it here, as I sort of grew up in farming communities. They also tell me that winter here is not nearly as bad as it used to be. I am heading down after the truck gets fixed and will be back hopefully around the 2nd of September. Kris, I will take you up on your offer when I get back. BTW how is the grouse population around here? Looking to knock a couple over for a feed...

PGKris
07-28-2006, 02:25 PM
:D Grouse should be excellent this year. Good dry, warm spring. I'm itching to get out and blast away with the new shotgun. We should be spending a fair bit of time out there sighting in for this fall's hunting in the coming weeks. Flip me an email.
Kris

Sideofabarn
08-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Oops, It appears as though I double posted my first message. I didn't know how to erase it so it stayed there. Bear with me folks, I'm still learning this game. Kris, I will email you soon about getting out, but I'm down on the island at the moment and am getting ready to move up.

PGKris
08-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Sure. Was wondering where that other post suddenly came from. Better get here before september, I'm a hard man to track down after the first :lol: