PDA

View Full Version : Aug 25 - 29 Pedder - Beecher

TBark
07-21-2006, 03:31 AM
Struggled the last time out July 11 - 13th. Only a few good salmon hits during the 2 days out in the Beecher, Pedder area. But I have another trip booked out in late Aug. I'll be on the water Aug 26, and 28th.
Any opinions as to if my chances are better during these dates ?
Should be some fish moving thriough ?
Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks
TBark

LUCKY
07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
You came out the first time a bit early and your next trip is a bit late. LOL!!
Skip Pedder and head West. For me Pedder is a winter fishery and then I move west as the season progresses. Early July Church Rock and Beechy. Then Trap shack. Then Otter Point.
You will do well at the end of Fogust... I mean August. Check the reports for where is hot but I would fish The Trap, Otter Point or Muir Creek.

Drop me a line closer to the time and I'll give you the latest scoop.

LUCKY

LUCKY
07-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Oh ya...
Got 2 in the 20's last Saturday.
Last night 1 in the high teens and lost 1 in the mid twenties to a seal:evil:

I'll be out again tomorrow and then in Renfrew on Monday.

LUCKY

Islandeer
07-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Lucky is right on the mark for Aug.
try Muir creek then too. Lucky, damn seals!!:redface: :redface:

TBark
07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the info Lucky.
I'll touch back with you next month.

TBark

LUCKY
08-20-2006, 08:56 AM
TBark
You still coming out??
Fishing is hot!!

LUCKY

TBark
09-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey Lucky,
Yes, came and went.
Sorry I didn't connect with you, next time perhaps.
Got on with a friend of my Uncles boat, got out on Saturday the 26th, off of Secretary Island, many many boats, had 6 - 7 fish on, and believe it or not, didn't land one, oh well. Had great fun with my 9 yr old son.
He handled the 7 hrs trips on the water very well.
Had to try and scrounge a rental out of Pedder on Sunday, thought we were on with the same fellow on Sunday, but he had plans, mis communication, anyways, Pedder had a derby on, so no boats to be had on Sunday, good to see the fish weighing in though.
Monday, the weather came in and we had to fish the bay at Pedder only, nothing caught.
Will be back in April for halibut, will try and get a boat of my own to keep on the Island so we can fish 3 - 4 times of a 5 day trip.

Thanks
TBark