PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a gun from Europe ???

Mooseman
07-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Some of the members of Canadian Game Trackers Ass. are going to Germany for tracking-dog training and we'll be doing some hunting there as well.

I traded a guy for a 416 and am hoping to bring it back to Canada when we return. I don't even have my PAL back yet. Did the renewal application a loooooong time ago.

Anyone have some accurate advice?

Should I only consider importing the rifle if I have my PAL by then?
Do I need to register ? And if so where ? At the airport upon arrival?
Do I need to contact Canada customs before I leave? And does anyone have a No. where one gets to talk to a real person?
Where can I check the status of my PAL renewal again?Sorry about asking #4 I know it was mentioned here before but I can't find it.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Gateholio
07-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Importing firearms to Canada.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/E/pub/cm/d19-13-2/d19-13-2-e.pdf

You need to have a PAL to import a firearm. It needs to be shown when you import the rifle.

The rifle will or will not be registered upon arrival, depending on what the Customs officer at the time thinks:smile:

You need to fill out a form B15, but it si just a duty collecting form, not firearm specific.

You can call the CFC 1800 731 4000 to check the status of your PAL.

You amy as well ask for all the documentaiton regarding importing a fireamr to Canada.

Interestingly, it's probably alot easier to import the firearm from Europe than the USA, which now demands miles of export permits..

Another option is to use the services of a broker, such as Questar

http://www.questar.ca/

They have a very good reputation...

Hope this helps!:smile:

Mooseman
07-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Thank you very much !

Michael

medved
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
hello

just my little words this is very easy to bring hunting rifles in canada even without pal ...

as a settler (immigrant) i bring my rifles with me at montreal airport they make a temporary permit (60 days) and cost me 25 cad each and it can renew up i got my pal so i can buy ammo for the specifics rifles but not buying one before the pal

hope this help too