PDA

View Full Version : target shoot in mid-island

bowhunter4life
07-14-2006, 07:02 PM
hey so i was wondering when the next target shoot in the mid-island area was .. also stupid question but ive never been to target shoot befor but is there any requirements to enter and if you need to pay to shoot even if you arnt competing. just want to get out and someone elso to shoot with other than the mosqitoes in my back yard. so if anyone knows when the next one would be i would apreciate the info:-)

Nails
07-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Bowhunter4 heres a link for up coming shoots http://www.archeryguy.com/calendar.html There is one in mid aug in cowichan. There is cost involed around 15 dollars regardless if you shoot for fun or not, this is for insurance and also for fund raising for the clubs hosting the shoots.
Bowhunter4 pick a shoot that you will probaly like to go too. Then send a post out that you will be going and would like to hook up with someone from the site. I'm sure you will be welcome in any group. Unfortunately I have not been out to any shoot this spring and don't know if I will be able this fall. I hope this helps.

Bow Walker
07-15-2006, 01:06 PM
just want to get out and someone elso to shoot with other than the mosqitoes in my back yard. so if anyone knows when the next one would be i would apreciate the info:-)
The next shoot (hunting style) is at the Cowichan Bowmen Club on August 13th. It is a cost of $15 for the day. I will be there, my brother and his son will be there, as will a bunch of other guys. You are welcome to come and shoot with us - we are not up in the "elite" shooters, but we try. It is fun regardless of how you do. Lots of free advice and coaching there as well. PM or email me and I will send you a map of where the club is.

Here is the club website http://www.cowichanbowmen.com

Dan....unofficial and unrecognized Rah, Rah Guy for the Cow Bowmen.

echo
07-16-2006, 08:12 AM
-two types of shoots: 3D & Target :!:
-3D - shoot at 3 dimensional animals in 'natural settings'
-Target - shoot at target faces at set distances
-which are you interested in?
-there is a listing for both types on the Cowichan Bowmen site mentioned above.
-The shoot in August at Cowichan Bowmen is a 3D shoot that is going to be a Benefit for Baby Ella's liver transplant --she is an adorable 10 month old that is known to some of the club members.... hope to see lots of you there
~Echo :)

oldtimer
07-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Bowhunter4life .. Take BowWalker up on his offer. You won't find a nicer bunch of guys to shoot with especially if you are just learning. You won't be sorry and it will give you the true perspective of what a great time a 3D shoot can be. Mike

Bowhisperer
07-16-2006, 12:38 PM
hey so i was wondering when the next target shoot in the mid-island area was .. also stupid question but ive never been to target shoot befor but is there any requirements to enter and if you need to pay to shoot even if you arnt competing. just want to get out and someone elso to shoot with other than the mosqitoes in my back yard. so if anyone knows when the next one would be i would apreciate the info:-)

Now lets get this straight, do you want a TARGET SHOOT? if so July 22/23 Fita star/900 at Victoria club.all marked distance on a flat field, Fita is shot 90m, 70m, 50m, 40m,for a total score of 1440. 900 is shot 55m, 45m, 35m, for a total score of 900. For times check this site.
www.victoriabowmen.com (http://www.victoriabowmen.com)

If you want a 3-D shoot, life size 3- dimensional animals targets set out on a unmaked course, Cowichan Bowmen Aug.13th.
Hunters round/ Benifit shoot for 11 month old "Baby Ella" all proceeds will be donatated as she needs a liver transplant.
9:30 start time { be there at least 45 min before shoot to register {$15.00 for the day single person, $ 30.00 for family} and B.S with other shooters,a great lunch is available. www.cowichanbowmen.com (http://www.cowichanbowmen.com) for a map of where they are and other shoots, both 3-D and target.:-P

Eagle1
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
The next shoot (hunting style) is at the Cowichan Bowmen Club on August 13th. It is a cost of $15 for the day. I will be there, my brother and his son will be there, as will a bunch of other guys. You are welcome to come and shoot with us - we are not up in the "elite" shooters, but we try. It is fun regardless of how you do. Lots of free advice and coaching there as well. PM or email me and I will send you a map of where the club is.

Here is the club website http://www.cowichanbowmen.com

Dan....unofficial and unrecognized Rah, Rah Guy for the Cow Bowmen.

DAN,DAN.DAN,

Can I shot wit youd an de uder boys, I ned all the free advice i can git and a lot of coachin, i HEARD YER DA MAN in Victoria, an we's all reconiz ya cause we has to waer subglasses for da glar { an da muffins}
Bring all the greenbacks u can for " Baby Ella" and bring yur best game, I got 3rd, open class, at the B.C. 3-D championships in Abbortsford, I 's bin praktisin.

Bow Walker
07-16-2006, 04:01 PM
DAN,DAN.DAN,

Can I shot wit youd an de uder boys, I ned all the free advice i can git and a lot of coachin, i HEARD YER DA MAN in Victoria, an we's all reconiz ya cause we has to waer subglasses for da glar { an da muffins}
Bring all the greenbacks u can for " Baby Ella" and bring yur best game, I got 3rd, open class, at the B.C. 3-D championships in Abbortsford, I 's bin praktisin.
Willy, Willy, Willy.........what the heck has gotten into you? Practising ?!? And here all us fellers, in the Great Unwashed category thought that you were a "natural":wink:

I will be bringing my "A" game - I still got my sights set on your butt.:evil:

As for Ella - there will be a donation for her as well. I say donation as well because that's what I do..........donate to the various clubs' coffers when I go to shoots.

One of these days I'm going to surprise the pants off you and actually beat you at your own game!:mad:

See you there.

Bow Walker
07-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Bowhunter4life .. Take BowWalker up on his offer. You won't find a nicer bunch of guys to shoot with especially if you are just learning. You won't be sorry and it will give you the true perspective of what a great time a 3D shoot can be. Mike
Now I suppose I owe you another $5 for that.......eh Mike?:redface:

oldtimer
07-17-2006, 06:53 PM
:redface: $5 !!!!! I thought we agreed on $15.:wink: All kidding aside a great bunch of guys to shoot with. And everyone must remember the whole thing is, we do this for the FUN of it !!!!!

bowhunter4life
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
so i have some questions about the 3-d shoot in cowichan on the 13th of august how do 3-d shoots work are they fixed ranges or are they all diffrent ranges not just 20,30-40 kind of thing. how are the targets set up on open feild. these questions may sound stupid but i have never been to any target shoot so bear with me . any awnsers would help.:smile:

Dave

Bow Walker
07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
The Cowichan 3D shoot format will be a walk around on the trail(s) stopping to shoot at 3D foam animals which have been placed at varying - unknown - distances from sets of "pegs" or markers in the ground.

The way it is run is that you stand at your assigned peg - estimate the yardage (or meter-age) and shoot for the 10-X ring on the animal. This ring is usually indicative of the "kill zone" if you were actually hunting these animals. The scoring usually goes 10-X, 10, 8, 5.....with 5 being a miss of the kill zone but still on the animal's body.

When I say "assigned pegs" I mean that the type of bow that you shoot designates the "class" of shooter that you are. Examples are Unlimited, Bow Hunter, and the rest escape me at the moment.

It is not a difficult thing by any means, it will be quite straight forward for you when you get there.

We'll find Eagle1 and stick to his coattails as he is the resident "expert"

crazylady47
07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
sounds like fun, maybe this is something I will try one day