PDA

View Full Version : FUD at princess Auto

244 rem
02-28-2011, 08:43 AM
The store in Langley has doz mallards for $30--and they do work in the field.

Mr. Dean
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I bought 4 doz a couple months back and REALLY like the quality AND concept of them.

For anyone wanting to see, here's a photo of them.
http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/93c183238c264b21aebf84403f631f01/assets/d7d067747bc3412a827bfd59f6706ae8/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1297718566000

Kevin So
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM
are they field decoys? do you have to pin them down to keep them from taking off from the wind?

ruger#1
02-28-2011, 04:45 PM
They look good. Looks like they fold up.

Steeleco
02-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I bought a dozen of them same time as Mr.Dean. Then a few days later got 2 dozen snows. All I need now is a few dozen Canada's

Did you see any of them while you were there?

Mr. Dean
03-01-2011, 03:48 AM
They look good. Looks like they fold up.

are they field decoys? do you have to pin them down to keep them from taking off from the wind?

They do it all and seem to be at home floating in the water or sitting in the field. They have a steel stake that works as a keel (they are self righting) or to anchor in the ground to use as a field deke. The necks are adjustable to give different positions and they are made of closed celled foam.

When collapsed, I can easily carry 4 dozen over my shoulders and STILL carry my back pack and gun.

Call me a sucker but I wet down their again and bought 4 dozen MORE. :smile:

For more info, Google FUD decoys. The Mfg is called Blackwater Decoys.

Mr. Dean
03-01-2011, 03:50 AM
I bought a dozen of them same time as Mr.Dean. Then a few days later got 2 dozen snows. All I need now is a few dozen Canada's

Did you see any of them while you were there?

That's why I went down..... None to be had in any stores but there's Snows available and also, Wood Ducks.

ruger#1
03-01-2011, 10:01 AM

Did you see any of them while you were there?You dirty bugger.After I told you about them. You told me not to tell anyone else. Ha Ha It's okay:mrgreen:

knighthunter
03-01-2011, 10:17 AM
The other day I was in a $ store and saw they has mallard decoys. Myself not being a duck hunter I picked one up just to look at it. It was realistic looking, not overly large, was a floater with a keel under it and a hole to tie onto it. I think they were a buck & a 1/4 each.

spreerider
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
how well do they work with the ducks, they seem a bit different than a standard decoy, do ducks notice this?

I am thinking of ordering some as im on the island and not close to princess does anyone know if they ship or if there is someone around who does? I want to get ducks and geese

Mr. Dean
03-02-2011, 08:22 AM
I got mine late in the season and only had them out once. Not a bird was in the sky.
The way I see it, these have MUCH more to offer than what a silhouette can/does and for the $$$, what the hell - In the field, they are attention grabbers and look real good...

FWIW, I ran a thread on these a while ago and found 1 or 2 members that used them...
I'm not sure if PA ships; ya might wanna give them a call. I conversed with the stores manager, they have them stocked as 'surplus' and once gone, there GONE. I'm actually amazed that they still had some warehoused and thought that they were 'done', the last time they offered these on their shelves.

I haven't found a local retailer. If you look at the MFG's website, they list a couple back east in Montreal and Labrador. Also, the National Rifle Association offers them for sale but the prices are much more exorbitant (sp?).

Dutch
03-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I must admit I have never until the last couple years worried about decoys and have sold quite a few of my old ones to members on this site,but after using true motion dekes I am starting to think that good decoys do make a differance,same for my flock head Canadas my .02 :wink:

Mr. Dean
03-12-2011, 01:38 AM
I must admit I have never until the last couple years worried about decoys and have sold quite a few of my old ones to members on this site,but after using true motion dekes I am starting to think that good decoys do make a differance,same for my flock head Canadas my .02 :wink:

I would likely agree with ya.
But @ 2 bucks each, I'll find space in my spread for these. :wink:

Plus; there's places that I plan to hunt, packing in the full bodies just isn't feasible.

Foxton Gundogs
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
The store in Langley has doz mallards for $30--and they do work in the field.

Story of my life "A day late and a dollar short" FINALLY made it into PA Langley Sat. and all they had were 4 Doz WOOD DUCKS GRRRR!