PDA

View Full Version : Skeena fishing conditions?

Krico
07-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm planning to head out to Terrace this coming Thursday and fish the Skeena. Anyone been out lately? What shape is the water in? Are there lots of fish moving up?

derek p
07-09-2006, 03:15 PM
upon last report, fiday July 7th, the water was in good shape, still hit and miss as the fish moving in system are bound for tributaries higher up. That being said they are aggressive when found. My father put 20 n the beach on tuesday july 4th and the next day was skunked in the same area.

there are only a few boats working the hog line and most of the fishing action is down at 27 mile.

the sox are starting to arrive on the northern tip of ferry island and providing a lot of fun on the fly rod.

the larger fish are from the kalum system and don't start to arrive and hold until the third and fourth week of july, however these fish are usually not as bright as the 20-40 lbs slabs that are there now.

I will be going up on the 23 of july for a week to fish with the old man

good luck and tight lines.

boonerbuck
07-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm heading up to Hazelton in a week myself. Tons of smaller 25 lb fish right now. A few big ones caught but they are on the way.

My friend up there said he was just looking at a 65 pounder in a bath tub just the other day. Caught locally.