PDA

View Full Version : New boat!!

Iron-Head
07-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Hello everyone, I would like to let you all know I got my new boat!
I ended up getting a 17' K&C Thermoglas With a 125hp Mercury, It goes nice and fast as well as being a very sturdy boat that will handle an' un-easy sea very well. I got quite a deal on it as I need to put new seats in it some time in the near future, But other wise all is great- Motor runs very well and the trailer is in great condition!
All I need to do now is get a nice Bemeni (spelling) top and I'll be set!
I am going to buy a 10' magnum Lake boat and I will be able to use my 125 for that for burning gas and going fast!
Heres the pics of my 17 footer.
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4469/myboat41rw.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2994/myboat36la.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4099/myboat8ta.jpg

Sorry no pics of the ski boat.
:mrgreen:

Fred
07-02-2006, 10:11 PM
I had a 16 footer like that a few years ago. Nice boats those K&C Thermoglas units. I only had an old Everrude 40 on mine though. Gad, what a gas hawg that thing was! :???: Fred

abbyfireguy
07-03-2006, 09:05 AM
We used one of those same boats( with a 50 hp Merc) for years and years on the Sunshine coast....It was only in the water from June 30 till Sept. 1st and had 3 teenager fishermen as pilots(myself and 2 cousins)...My uncle taught us how to run and maintain it which we did religiously....It finally died a terrible death late one August night after a boom of logs broke up off Soames Point at Hopkins Landing and holed the old girl during the night..We found her almost underwater at dawn but she was unrepairable...The motor is still around on other kids boats,but its getting mighty long in the tooth....:mrgreen:

Iron-Head
07-03-2006, 01:21 PM
To bad about your boat there Abbyfireguy, I cant wait to take her out today!
As a bonus in my deal with this generous man was a brand new deep cycle marine battery and Two 25 litre gas tanks... FULL!!! Talk about savin' a few bucks on gas!
I am really happy with it and I cant wait to nail some springs in Her' this summer!
Symon

Iron-Head
07-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh, Over all cost of the unit... 1200$ , I think it would have been a steal at twice the price!
Time for me to go fondle it;-)
Cya!

Jager
07-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Congrats on the boat! Now say good-bye to all your money......rod holders, downriggers, VHF, sounder, kicker, kicker bracket, etc........BUT it's all in good fun.

My brother-in-law was in the same situation a few years ago regarding setting up a boat. He looked around for some decent boat seats and ended up getting them from Cabelas....they were shipped to his door and he said no one could touch their prices. Mind you that was years ago.

Good luck and watch the 'chunks'.

Iron-Head
07-03-2006, 09:01 PM
The seats are in great condition... I dont know why he said they where soo bad I think there quite nice..
Just got back and boy was it fun, Came from horse shoe bay to gibsons on a 3/4 tank of gas so not too bad, and she handles the sea quite well too!
Symon

Fred
07-04-2006, 08:29 AM
I predict that you will soon find that it is 2 feet too short!:mrgreen: Fred

BowSitter
07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
I predict that you will soon find that it is 2 feet too short!:mrgreen: Fred

Ain't that the truth!! LOL

LUCKY
07-04-2006, 09:23 AM
When you put new seats in... consider putting in a couple of swivel seats.
You can build a base for them very easily and they are reasonably cheap.
It will make the boat seam much bigger inside. If it is just for fishing sleeper seats are a waste of space.

LUCKY

mrdoog
07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Your boat looks very seaworthy!
Classic K&C Deep "V", you'll have no problems riding out most storms in your part of the world
It's almost as good as a Glasply, almost!

FlyingHigh
07-11-2006, 02:37 PM
ummm, i could be totally off base here and outta line, or maybe it's cause i got 5 hours of sleep but did i read correctly that you wanna put a 125hp motor on a 10' boat? nice looking boat there though. i wish i had something kinda like that. i use a 13' with a 9.9hp. gets me up and down the mighty fraser but is a bit sketchy sometimes.

Elkhound
07-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Nice boat Symon, the wife and I can't wait to go fishing in it:wink:...........Oh by the way, do you know what BOAT stands for........Bring On Another Thousand. Upkeep can kill you. Nice job buddy. Not many 14yr olds get out and work and are willing to save to buy things themselves.