PDA

View Full Version : Ross Lake

lip_ripper00
06-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Whats the best way to fish this lake? spoons, what kind? Flies? Heading up this long weekend,and going to give it a try, and get the kids in to some fish thanks. Steve

30-06
06-27-2006, 08:11 PM
lil_ripper00 id just recomment going to www.fishbc.com (http://www.fishbc.com) and find out about it on there lots of good info on there..good luck

Fred
06-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Good luck even getting to it Steve! ;-) Fred

lip_ripper00
06-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Good luck even getting to it Steve! ;-) FredOh oh, why is their a problem getting to the lake?

reach
06-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Oh oh, why is their a problem getting to the lake?
Your vehicle may be picked up and carried off by the mosquitos, but other than that, no problem. :smile:

ohno
06-28-2006, 09:03 PM
I can vouch for the Mozzies at Ross Lk. I have never been anywhere they were as bad as that except in the far north. I camped there 4 yrs ago in Aug and there were bad. Other than that it was great, There were no Yahoo's, but at the same time the camp ranger's weren't nazis either.
I didn't fish when I was there, but it sure looked good. Also the lake is mostly on the US side of the border so I don't know about how the regs work in that region.

Fred
06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Last time I was up there there was a locked gate in the way and I have been told that it is sometimes near impossible to get a boat into the lake from this side since the water is drawn down by the Americans. Of course this was some time back and conditionshave likely changed. Fred

lip_ripper00
06-28-2006, 11:32 PM
we are staying at the American camp ground just over the border.I have been up that way in the fall (after labour day) and the gate was locked:neutral:. The first of our party left this morning, and he's not back yet so I guess everything is alright. Bought my American fish licence on line yesterday.Water levels should peek Sat. and they will open the dam, bug level should be ok untill the end of July when the water starts to drop,usally the road is graded for the long weekend.Now if I just knew how to catch fish their I would be styling.Have a good and safe long week end, best of luck in THE draw (Iwon't know until I get home Tues. night) so leave me somthing,:razz: Cheers Steve