PDA

View Full Version : Trout Fishn In 100 Mile???

NEEHAMA
06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Every year i go fishing around merritt. I never seem to do vey good. i was told by many that the 100 mile area is the place to try for "great" fishing.
so this long weekend i'm going to give it a wirl. i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. or at least tell me what lake not to go to. i really don't know any lakes up there at all. i have a truck and camper and car topper/eletric motor. looking for a place to camp and fish. any ideas?.......please

mark
06-27-2006, 12:41 PM
id reccomend howard lake, its a fairly small lake with rainbows up to 10 lbs. Its about 45 min. east of 100 mile, the possibilities are endless theres so many good fishing lakes up there. Canim, mahood, deka, sheridan, are all good too!

reach
06-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I've heard some really good stories from Sheridan this year... some are even backed up with photos.

http://anglerswest.net/sites/anglerswest/files/jay-big-rainbow.jpg

bigwhiteys
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Neehama,

If you're in the 100 mile area there is a little fly-fishing shop in lac la hache as you're leaving town (lakeside). The gentleman that owns the store was extremely helpful to my friends and I when we were in that area looking for places to fish.

He would be a good guy to talk to I think.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

bsa30-06
06-27-2006, 01:41 PM
i agree with mark. Howard is a really nice little lake with some good size fish in it.My mom took one about 7 lbs on one of our many family vacations there as kids.

NEEHAMA
06-27-2006, 02:34 PM
wow!! i never even seen trout like that before!! can i camp at Howard?
where is my best bet if i'm trying to camp on the lake without finding every spot taken up as it the long weekend? ... man the pic has got me pumped!! thanks!!

greybark
06-27-2006, 06:27 PM
;) Hey HEHAMA , I agree on howard lake for the fishing and probably the least crowded . One of the better ways of fly fishing this lake is 1/3 the way up the right side of the lake and with your anchor rope marked in feet try dangling Chironomus (weighted and brown with a gold wrap) just off the bottom . Climb it up a couple of feet and let it sink during a very very slow retreive. I hit nice fish all day in about 20ft of water . Floating line with the appropriate lenght of tippet ( 4-5lb maxima) .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

overthetop
07-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Heading to Williams lake this week. Anyone know a spot there? Looking for a campground to take the camper wife & kids.