PDA

View Full Version : Nanaimo 2-Day-er (day 1)

Bow Walker
06-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Weather was - in a word - HOT. Shooting was excellent! The course layout was one of the best that I have had the pleasure to shoot yet. Plenty of challenging shots, plenty of realistic hunting-type shots, and lots of easier shots as well.

30 target course. Shotgun start at 9:30 - a nice respectable hour for brunch and a shoot. 2-arrow round today with a 1-arrow round tomorrow. Approximately 50 to 60 people present. All in all an excellent day as I have said.

Met up with Oldtimer and his good lady. Remember the saying "Look up." "Look way up." ??? Yep, that's right. The Friendly Giant. Well that might just be another name for Mike. Tall, you ask? Tall, I say. Wing span of a 737, draw length of over a yard (and I'm talking about your back yard). And above all - friendly as all get out. Great to shoot with. Good guy to bum a Bud from as well.

The afternoon Hunter round was a hoot. I was teamed up with a great guy by the name of Helmut, who was shooting a beautiful recurve that he had built himself. Pretty darned accurate with it to, I might add. We had a super time tromping around the course after the morning shoot and to h€ll with the score! When we were done we were more than ready for some refreshment and relaxation. Hotter in the afternoon as you might expect. Plenty of shade in and around the course though.

Looking forward to tomorrow and all the good people that I (we) met up with today.