PDA

View Full Version : What about this idea?

Big Pops
01-18-2011, 10:41 AM
So I'm just thinking about something for a blind, and since I hunt on public land I need to make it light and pretty easy to carry. I was thinking about just getting a fishnet and putting a hole throught the top for your head and then use some jute(I think it's jute, its brown twine anyhow) and tie that all over it and also use some of the natural grasses to tie into it. I would probably make 2 of these.
Or I was thinking just some chicken wire(don't know how many feet I'll need it to be but would like it to be big enough for 2-3 people) and Ide be doing to same with the jute and grasses.
The area that we hunt is an open field, which we are usually in the middle of it, and also we sit by a fence so I dunno which idea would be better for this let's hear your input!!!
Thanks so much!!

NitwiT
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
your talking about making a ghillie suit in the first idea, and the other one is done quite frequently. Anything to make you dissapear is a great idea.

huntersam
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
check out those mirror blinds, someone posted it up on here before looks pretty interesting

Big Pops
01-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Alright thanks, and yeah I guess I was talking about a ghillie!lol I was thinking blinds and forgot about those. Which do you prefer over the two?

NitwiT
01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
i think I'd prefer a blind, to help maintain freedom of movement

Bow Walker
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
In a pinch, wearing a Ghillie Suit and hunkering down beside something to breakup your outline should work - in theory. Just think tree-stump-like-thoughts while you're crouching down. Oh yeah, don't look right up and flash your lilly white face...

XPEIer
01-21-2011, 09:04 PM
We have tried the chicken wire thing when chasing flocks of snow geese from field to field in Southern AB.

Problem is, you cannot lay under chicken wire up past your waist or you must lay your gun and arms on top to ensure freedom of movement. Not to mention you would need something under you as a back rest.

If you cannot secure a layout blind, concentrate on the fenceline and then your roll of chicken wire would work. Put a 2x2 at each end, roll it up when your done.

If your going after snows, top half of the body in whites, lower half in camo, kneel amongst your snowgoose decoys.

Ohh how I miss waterfowl hunting

xpeier