PDA

View Full Version : Renew Hunting Licence

cwlam3
06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
I did not renew my hunting licence for many years. I would like to renew it now but I can not find any papers. What can I do ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

brotherjack
06-22-2006, 10:52 PM
If you were not hunting recently enough to have a Hunter Number in BC, you have to take the CORE exam (the course is optional, the test is mandantory).

However, if you have ever had a hunter number issued in BC (not sure when it started, but it was a good long time ago), you can go down to your local access center, and they can probably get you straightened out.

06-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the site cwlam3..........brotherjake is right, if you had a hunters numbers at one time, the access center will have it. A friend moved a few times and permanently misplaced all his paperwork and they were able to help him out no problem.....

Buckman
06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
They are botth right. I just went through the process of obtaining my hunting license since the 1980's. i had an old license from 1982 but that was before the hunting number came out. I went down to the local access number to see if I was in the system and I wasn't. i challenged the core exam after much studyting and passed yesterday!. I have sent in my info to the British Columbia Wildlife Federation and should get my number in two weeks or so.

CanAm500
06-23-2006, 10:23 AM
They are botth right. I just went through the process of obtaining my hunting license since the 1980's. i had an old license from 1982 but that was before the hunting number came out. I went down to the local access number to see if I was in the system and I wasn't. i challenged the core exam after much studyting and passed yesterday!. I have sent in my info to the British Columbia Wildlife Federation and should get my number in two weeks or so.

Congrats on passing. Mine took about a week before I got the certificate in the mail, but maybe thats because Roy sent it in by express:biggrin: :mrgreen: .

cwlam3
06-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Where is the access centre in Lower mainland ? Where And what should I call ? Thanks.

Radar
06-24-2006, 06:02 AM
I believe the place you can go are the Government Agents Offices, I don't know if that is what was called "Access Centres" in the earlier posts, here are the two locations I found online along with a link to the Government web site:

Cheryll Heroux
Government AgentSend e-mail to: Cheryll.Heroux@gov.bc.ca
175 - 22470 Dewdney Trunk Road
Maple Ridge, BC
V2X 5Z6
Tel: 604-466-7470
Fax: 604-467-6131
Office Hours:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.

Jim Hay
Government Agent Send e-mail to:
James.Hay@gov.bc.ca (James.Hay@gov.bc.ca)
BC Access Centre
Suite 1 - 45467 Yale Road West
Chilliwack, BC
V2R 3Z8
Tel: 604-795-8415
Fax: 604-795-8408
Office Hours:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

http://www.governmentagents.gov.bc.ca/progdesc/fish_hunt.htm

I hope this helps.

cwlam3
06-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the information. I am going to find out next week. Eddy

Caveman
06-24-2006, 12:17 PM
My brother once had a BC hunting licence then moved to Alta, years later back to BC. He went to the courthouse and swore on an affidavit that he once had a BC license and they issued him a new one. No CORE course was needed to challenge. This was probably prior to the hunter numbers being issued

Fido
06-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Just off the topic a bit some little darling took my wallet and in it was my pal now does anybody know how to get a new one some help would be nice, going to get new hunter # on Monday, thanks guys and girls.

brotherjack
06-24-2006, 07:16 PM
My brother once had a BC hunting licence then moved to Alta, years later back to BC. He went to the courthouse and swore on an affidavit that he once had a BC license and they issued him a new one. No CORE course was needed to challenge. This was probably prior to the hunter numbers being issued

The changed the law a couple of years ago. USed to be if you had ever hunted legally anywhere in north america, you could get your BC hunter number. Now, the CORE is the only recoginized cert for the issuance of a new hunter number. :(

Tuffcity
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Fido,

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/faq/default_e.asp#b9

Outlines how to get a new PAL.

RC