PDA

View Full Version : Registry Question

FlyingHigh
06-21-2006, 04:47 PM
i haven't heard much lately about the registry. if i was to go out and buy a gun in the next 3 months or so, would i have to register it? or does the amnesty cover that?

brotherjack
06-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Nope, until it's scrapped, it's technically the law you have to register - you just won't be prosecuted for breaking that law. You will not find a single gun store, and probably not many (if any) individuals who will not be complying with the law in the meantime.

06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Sorry to disappoint you brotherjake, our local gun shop is still under law to register any transactions that comes in/out their door......l asked, and that is what the owner told me.
Individuals........well you have the year to register, but who is going to sell a registered rifle to someone and still allow their name to be attached to the rifle in the CFC data base? One way or another the issue will be resolved this fall when it gets voted on in parliament but until then all we have is a reprieve.
Of course, if you forgot to register anything in the first place, none of this applies.....8-)

000buck
06-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Just Bought A New 12gu A Week Ago Has To Be Reg Before It Leaves The Store

brotherjack
06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
416: Ummm... that's what I said:
"You will not find a single gun store, and probably not many (if any) individuals who will not be complying with the law in the meantime."

So, if you don't find anyone who is defying the law, then everyone will be in compliance with the law (which is registration).

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

06-22-2006, 07:11 AM
My mistake...........is this is what they mean with the age and eye thing?:oops: :oops:

brotherjack
06-22-2006, 12:10 PM
My mistake...........is this is what they mean with the age and eye thing?:oops: :oops:

LOL, I dunno. I think probably, I used "not" too many times in the same sentence, and it was confusing unless you read closely. No worries; if that's the worst thing you ever do, you're doing better than the rest of us. :)

Rob
06-22-2006, 02:53 PM
I think when this registry is over I may have to buy a .338..just to make sure:grin:. Rob

FlyingHigh
06-23-2006, 05:14 PM
darn. oh well. thanks for the info guys.