PDA

View Full Version : Blazer Vanes

pupper
06-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Have any of you tried these new blazer vanes? They are supposed to control the arrow better than the regular vanes especially for broad heads.

any opinions on these will be appreciated

Nails
06-12-2006, 10:31 PM
I have heard very good reports on the the new blazer vanes. They are a stiffer vane and has a unique style and they really do work, they are ideal for small diameter arrows like carbons and also work on large diameter arrows.

Bow Walker
06-13-2006, 10:56 AM
I have heard good things about them as well. They are smaller, yes but they are also a lot stiffer and so control the arrow as good as or better than Duravanes.

They are on my list for sure.

pupper
06-13-2006, 12:04 PM
yah I am going with em on my new gold tip xt hunters with g5 montec broadheads

swamper
06-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey Pupper, how does the future Mrs. Ott feel about your bowhunting obbsession. Congrats by the way. I tried to call but you weren't around. I took Kathy out for a drive on our favorite bear road and saw 4, one was a monster. Are you going to try make Logan Lake this weekend. I'm trying to get Friday off so it's not such a big rush to get down there after work.

pupper
06-13-2006, 03:39 PM
so did u nail the monster or what? I cant go this weekend, tux fitting and a friends wedding, sorry I would love to go. I got my new broadheads today(g-5 montecs) bought them on ebay.
The future MRS. Ott(sounds like my mom) is okay with my obsessions, she likes that I go out and kill things and wear camo. yah shes a keeper.

JohnS
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Blazer's are the only way to go two thumbs up!!!!

Bow Walker
06-26-2006, 07:35 AM
During this past weekend I had to switch from Duravanes to the Blazers - well, I didn't have to but I did. Spent a good part of Saturday night re-fletching arrows and tuning up the bow.

Whatever I did to the bow and the arrows worked like a charm. I shot way better on Sunday than I did on Saturday.

The Blazers held up very well. I had them on some PSE Carbon Force 300's which were 27 and 5/8ths inches long with an 85 grain point on them. They flew straight as an arrow:redface: I am seriously considering Blazers for my hunting arrows.

If you know me, you know that I hate the PSE arrows. So why did I use them at the Nanaimo 2 Day shoot? I wanted to get rid of them. Every time another arrow even touches the PSE shafts there is a split that develops at the nock end. :mad: But that's another story - this thread is about Blazer vanes.

IMHO they are great.

Dan.

Eagle1
07-16-2006, 01:27 PM
During this past weekend I had to switch from Duravanes to the Blazers - well, I didn't have to but I did. Spent a good part of Saturday night re-fletching arrows and tuning up the bow.

Whatever I did to the bow and the arrows worked like a charm. I shot way better on Sunday than I did on Saturday.

The Blazers held up very well. I had them on some PSE Carbon Force 300's which were 27 and 5/8ths inches long with an 85 grain point on them. They flew straight as an arrow:redface: I am seriously considering Blazers for my hunting arrows.

If you know me, you know that I hate the PSE arrows. So why did I use them at the Nanaimo 2 Day shoot? I wanted to get rid of them. Every time another arrow even touches the PSE shafts there is a split that develops at the nock end. :mad: But that's another story - this thread is about Blazer vanes.

IMHO they are great.

Dan.

As you can tell I don't look at a lot of threads.
BLAZER VANES, higher profile than most fletch an a little stiffer so you have to make sure of fletch clearance, I put some on a dz PSE PRO SHAFTS for 3-D and the first shoot 5 vanes came right off { I've been fletching my own arrows for 30 years so I know how to fletch} put some more on and I will see how they work at the Cow bow shoot in Aug,
As for PSE shafts all carbons I've shot or seen if slapped will possable crack, I put uni bushings { ACC-60} and G nocks and have never had another problem, and all the guys I did this for have never had a problem.
If you put your arrow in the X- RING { like I do} your chances are greater that no one will hit your arrow{ except for me cause thats where I put mine}

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk873DNCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZNxmk873DNCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZNxmk873DNCA)

Bow Walker
07-16-2006, 04:15 PM
[quote=Eagle1]As you can tell I don't look at a lot of threads.
BLAZER VANES, higher profile than most fletch an a little stiffer so you have to make sure of fletch clearance, I put some on a dz PSE PRO SHAFTS for 3-D and the first shoot 5 vanes came right off { I've been fletching my own arrows for 30 years so I know how to fletch} put some more on and I will see how they work at the Cow bow shoot in Aug,
As for PSE shafts all carbons I've shot or seen if slapped will possable crack, I put uni bushings { ACC-60} and G nocks and have never had another problem, and all the guys I did this for have never had a problem.
If you put your arrow in the X- RING { like I do} your chances are greater that no one will hit your arrow{ except for me cause thats where I put mine}

Wild Bill..........I've gone to (and am going to stay with) GT shafts. I'm putting pin nock adaptors in them and use pin nocks. I can't stand losing all those arrows when you come in and bounce off mine just to get into the 12-ring! Any way you can, huh??;-)

What can I say, except "quit slappin' my shaft!!"

Eagle1
07-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Pin nocks are okay if your shooting TARGET, just a tiny little pin { which I've seen bend} and thin side wall nocks which seem to split quit easily. I have shot some pin nocks and so have a few other guys I know and we all
now use uni's and either G-nocks or super nocks depending on the size of the arrow.

If you put your arrow in the 12 it's gona get slapped.

12's a 12's a 12 no matter how you get it, end of story.

Bow Walker
07-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Bill, when they mention G-nocks on the websites such as National Archery......is that the same as the GT nocks?

They are selling a nock adapter that fits "G" nocks, but they are only selling "GT" nocks. Will they fit? Are these the ones you are talking about?

If I order Easton G nock bushings - what size will fit the GT .246 arrow shafts?

I want the most durable combination that I can get since I plan on being in the 12-ring a lot more than I have been of late.

Brambles
07-20-2006, 09:15 PM
I shoot blazers and now that I have I wouldn't switch for the world. They are tough as nails and fly great.