PDA

View Full Version : Team up ??

hunter1947
06-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Is there anyone out there that would like to team up for this up coming weekend to fish the juan de fuca fishing derby. You see i could only get one tickit and can only fish with one rod ,i would like to have someone that has a tickit for the derby and then we can fish with 2 rods or we can fish on your boat ,i have the boat and all the gear ,have fished on salt water for 50 years. ???? hunter 47.

LUCKY
06-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Try a post on sportsfishingbc.com

The guy who won it last year was fishing solo!!
Don't have to split the money with anyone! LOL!!!

I believe from reading the rules last year you can have a driver on board as a second guy with no ticket but can only fish 1 rod. Double check this.

I will be in the derby also but have 2 tickets and commitments to the guy I have fished with for the last 3 years.

I will be in an older 16' Double Eagle. white and red.
Call name "Tips up" on the VHF chanel 68. Call me up during the derby we can compare notes.

What type of boat will you be in and do you have a different name on the water?

LUCKY

hunter1947
06-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Try a post on sportsfishingbc.com

The guy who won it last year was fishing solo!!
Don't have to split the money with anyone! LOL!!!

I believe from reading the rules last year you can have a driver on board as a second guy with no ticket but can only fish 1 rod. Double check this.

I will be in the derby also but have 2 tickets and commitments to the guy I have fished with for the last 3 years.

I will be in an older 16' Double Eagle. white and red.
Call name "Tips up" on the VHF chanel 68. Call me up during the derby we can compare notes.

What type of boat will you be in and do you have a different name on the water?

LUCKY Thanks luck ,will give you a call ,you can call me my name will be hunter. I will be headed up off otter point and up towards sharinham light house. hunter 47.

BlacktailStalker
06-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Who could refuse that! If I had a ticket I'd be in there ! Good lcuk !
Just helped a buddy pull off his old Merc 150 to get 'er all prepped for the 250 Evinrude Etec going on tomorrow and man do I have the bug! Might be heading up to Bute Inlet this weekend as its hot up there according to a couple guides I know.

hunter1947
06-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Well i did not get anyone to go with me ,just like hunting ,no one whant's to go ,well i will head out ,got everything loaded ,will head out at 2 AM sat morning the 17th ,good luck lucky,,,,,will talk to you tomorrow ,,,,,hunter 47.

LUCKY
06-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Hunter
Tried to call you on the VHF on Saturday after I heard you talking to someone else. I must have been coming in broken up as you asked if someone was calling hunter but we could not connect. Too many people on the radio at that time.

How did you do?

We got a 27lb and 17lb on Saturday and nothing on Sunday. 2 bites in 2 days of fishing:confused: Pretty slow. Won and electric downrigger for the 27lb.
We fished the trap both days. We were beside Island Outfitters when Darren caught the winner.

Nice weather and a good derby.

hunter1947
06-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Hunter
Tried to call you on the VHF on Saturday after I heard you talking to someone else. I must have been coming in broken up as you asked if someone was calling hunter but we could not connect. Too many people on the radio at that time.

How did you do?

We got a 27lb and 17lb on Saturday and nothing on Sunday. 2 bites in 2 days of fishing:confused: Pretty slow. Won and electric downrigger for the 27lb.
We fished the trap both days. We were beside Island Outfitters when Darren caught the winner.

Nice weather and a good derby. I was buy myself ,got up at 1 am on sat morning run to otter point droped my gear at 4am ,five minits whent buy when i had a hit i landed a 22 pounder 10 minits latter. I fished there for 3 hr ,then headed up to mure creek , got a nother on at 11am ,i was a monster run out 460 feet befor it stopped ,i had the old peats reel on with a 1000 feet of line ,i looked at the recorder on the reel thats how i new how much line he pealed out , i played him for almost a have hr ,i had him up to the boat 3 times ,but when you try and net him with the rod in your left hand and the net in your right hand it is hard to do,i did not go to the wieghin because i was to upset ,this fish i lost i judge it was in the forties :mad: . I will never go again buy myself ,must have someone to ether hold the rod while i net it or the other person with me can net it,o well thats the way things go when you set yourself up for a letdown http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif never again,hunter 47.

SAVAGE300
06-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey hunter, im sorry to hear that, i had a simuler thing like that happen to me but with no derby, i was buy myself and had a big one on ( thought it was a seal ) so as it came up from the depths, i had the rod in 1 hand and bat in the other until i saw the silver flash, i got so excited i threw the bat down and went for the net, i fumbed it right over the side of the boat out of reach and it sank, lost the fish too a minute later,I myself will never fish alone again, if you need a buddy next year ill definetly go with ya --- clay

hunter1947
06-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Thanks savage 300,will keep you in mind,do you have a ticket for the juan de fuca derby???. You see i got my ticket 2 days befor the derby ,it did not leave me much time to find someone that could go. They all had someting to do on sat or the sunday :sad: the tickets you have to no someone that can get one for you ,you can't just go buy one at the store. they coast $100.00 dollars, thanks again and will keep in touch with you ,wayne.

LUCKY
06-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Hunter,

What the hell are you doing up at 4:30 am????? Don't you sleep man???
LOL!!!

What kind of boat do you have?

LUCKY

hunter1947
06-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey lucky i am part animal ,i sleep anywere and i sleep with one eye open,LOL,wayne.:lol:

SAVAGE300
06-20-2006, 10:11 PM
sorry wayne I dont have a ticket but im out for this year anyway to busy at work but work will calm down in march or april next year, just have to work hard right now until then.

dirtyharry
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey W,
Once I hit the ground in the fall you ever need a second just drop me a line. I warn you though all my fishing experience on the west coast was comercial so I don't know jack!

Rob