PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Eye Outfitters Limited

mrdoog
06-12-2006, 01:31 AM
Has anyone purchased anything from Eagle Eye Outfitters?
They are based in Sooke.
I'm looking to buy a pontoon boat
Army and Navy has a ODC Sport XL for $499, same boat at Eagle Eye is $425, with free shipping
-does anyone know if A&N will match prices?

Dragginbait
06-12-2006, 07:13 AM
If Eagle Eye has a good price, then support them, they're good people. The mom & pop stores need more support than the bigger companys. Eagle Eye is run out of they're basement. I phoned him one time looking for small release clips for a lake downrigger but he was closed and told me to come out and honk the horn and he'd come down and open up for me. Try getting service like that from a big store. My 2 cents. Terry

Blacktail
06-12-2006, 09:19 AM
For a small shop they have good prices
Excellent service too

They are also a sponsor of this site so it might be a good thing all around to support them;)

mrdoog
06-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback.
I think I'll give them my business.

bigwhiteys
06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Mr Doog,

Have you tried a pontoon boat yet? I highly suggest you get in one before hand.

I had one of the ODC sports a 7 footer. These things are the biggest pieces of shit ever developed for fishing. I am so serious about this.

I fished out of mine a total of 3 times.... And then sold it. It was such a pain in the ass to control and micro-manage while your fishing.

Not too mention I fell out of the piece of crap when I went to jump in it off a log, and the wind blew my back rest down so I obviously did a back flip right out the back.

The other problem was it being to short and when you were casting or working a spot you would just spin like a top.

I absolutely hated my pontoon boat with a passion, I was happy to see that thing go. Get a small aluminum or canoe. You'll be MUCH happier.

*Edit- I should add that I purchased mine off of ebay. Paid about $450 CAD including shipping for the boat brand new. I have shopped at Eagle Eye and think they are a great place. So this post is in no way negative towards them.

Just those POS pontoon boats!

Happy Hunting!
Carl

mrdoog
06-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences; I've used my Dad's boat for the last 3 years. I really like it.
Wind is a problem, I've had to beach it a couple of times up at Tunkwa and walk back.
His boat has 8 ft pontoons, maybe that's the difference?

I have a 9ft fibreglass with an electric motor, I use it when my dad goes with me. I find it very comfortable, but I have problems loading and unloading it from my van.

bigwhiteys
06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Mr Doog,

It could very well have been the smaller pontoons my boat had. It was so frustrating to have such little control and trying to fight a fish at the same time. God I hated that thing! LOL

Happy Hunting!
Carl