PDA

View Full Version : UBBC new Web site

J_T
06-08-2006, 07:24 AM
The United Bowhunters of BC has implemented its new web site. The site can be found at www.ubbc.ca (http://www.ubbc.ca).

This is an important step for bowhunting in the province of BC. The UBBC is working with government as a lobby group to creatively explore bowhunting opportunity in BC.

Two existing archery/bowhunting groups, the Traditional Bowhunters of BC and the British Columbia Archery Association are primary drivers in the need for a bowhunting lobby interest group.

While the TBBC and the BCAA focus on a variety of archery and bowhunting related subjects, membership requirements in the UBBC are a hunter number card.

The UBBC is for all "bowhunters" using legal archery tackle. Have you signed up?

JT:p

Nails
06-08-2006, 08:33 PM
It is another great place to hang around, check it out.

boxhitch
06-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Thats a hell of a bold statement - " The UBBC is made up of all bowhunters in BC. ". Are they trying to fill some shoes, that the other groups were not doing effectively ?

J_T
06-09-2006, 07:23 AM
I believe the statement is intended to suggest that the UBBC does not represent just one segment of bowhunter (IE Traditional, Compound, Crossbow) but rather all bowhunters.

Unlike other bowhunting/archery organizations that focus on many things, the UBBC is singular in its focus. More bowhunting opportunity. Note the requirement to have a hunter number as a membership requirement.

Though solutions to achieve an increase in bowhunting opportunity will involve youth, seniors, wildlife management, safety, education and addressing LEH versus alternative weapons issues. The objectives of the UBBC are "ultimately" aimed at more bowhunting opportunity in BC.

JT

pupper
06-10-2006, 01:04 AM
What is the purpose of joining this club? how does it help bowhunting? Do you fill out questionaires on your opinions of bowhunting?

I need some more info, I checked the website but still dont know why I should join or what to expect as a member.

CUJO
06-10-2006, 02:31 PM
The reason to join is pretty simple, to get all bowhunters of BC to in one voice bowhunting opportunities. What other organizations do that?

sealevel
06-10-2006, 03:11 PM
All us bowhunters have to get together and get rid of those dam rifle hunters !! so join and fight the good fight.

just kidding:p

pupper
06-10-2006, 06:06 PM
so the strategy is to get bigger numbers pushing for specail bowhunts that rifle hunters cannot partake in. Like better odds on LEH and longer seasons?

Awishanew
06-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Pupper. an example of what we as bowhunters could ask for is.
There are open areas in the Fort Saint John are the are open for any bull moose with a rifle. After the 2 week opening it is open for immatures and tri palms with a rifle for a month. It then opens for bow only for 2 weeks and only for immatures and tri palms. If there are that many moose in the area to allow liberal seasons with rifles, why cannot we ask for any bull in archery season? Who is going to ask? How do you get what you want cooridenated. That is where the UBBC comes in. With a large united voice we can ask for seasons like what I mentioned. If you realy look at all aspects there are other seasons that would only enhance bowhunting and not take away from anyone.:-D

willyqbc
06-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi folks, my name is Chris Wright and I am the VP of the UBBC

the purpose of joining this organization is simple. We need to provide a unified voice to be taken seriously as a stakeholder in the process of determining seasons in this province. How do we know this you ask?? Well...meetings with the ministers of the day have told us that. The politicians and the bureaucrats do not want to hear the fragmented view of 5000 seperate bowhunters....they want an organization to gather all that info and present the info in a simple form to them. You can thank the UBBC in large part for things like the new archery season for any elk down in the kootenays, It was a 3 year push from members of our fledgling organization along with help from other organizations like the TBBC that really helped to push that season through.

Bottom line is we need unity to get what we want and a lobby group is nothing without support of a large number of voters, so if you'd like to see better bowhunting opportunities (not at the expense of rifle hunting) then give us some thought.

Chris

lip_ripper00
06-10-2006, 10:03 PM
[quote=willyqbc]Hi folks, my name is Chris Wright and I am the VP of the UBBC
HI CHRIS

Nails
06-10-2006, 11:10 PM
UBBC is a voice for all bowhunters to have a fair representation in hunting decisions with the Gov. I for one am glad to have UBBC, they can represent me, and I have sent my three year membership in.

If you bowhunt consider joining, UBBC is for you and who will help promote bowhunting.

J_T
06-10-2006, 11:31 PM
bigger numbers pushing for specail bowhunts that rifle hunters cannot partake in. Like better odds on LEH and longer seasons?Well.... I think "more seasons" is the key, not necessarily anything to do with LEH. Bowhunters are making a choice around the use of a weapon. LEH, manages people to manage harvest levels. With wildlife management there is a different expectation for harvest numbers with using a bow and therefore, I personally believe there is an open door to creative hunting solutions through alternative weapons use. NOT using LEH.

Chris, (VP of UBBC) has made an important statement. The intention of the UBBC in its attempt to achieve more bowhunting in BC, is not to occur at the expense of existing rifle opportunities. Rather, when a wildlife management decision is being made, provide a case that supports alternative weapons use as one possible solution.

JT

pupper
06-11-2006, 12:35 AM
thanks for the clarity. Chris I did not know you were involved, good for you.
when does everyone meet and how? is there alot of petitions and surveys? how do are concerns get heard in the group?

willyqbc
06-11-2006, 07:05 AM
pupper, this organization is still in its early stages, but I believe the website will change all that. The internet is an incredible tool for bringing people of common interests together. You will notice there is a forum on the website much like this forum. I believe that it will be the place that the majority of our discussions will take place. The more members who sign up and voice opinions on the forum the more we will all get an idea of what we as bowhunters are looking for and how we are going to get there.

Chris

greybark
06-11-2006, 10:25 PM
:-D Hey J_T , Count me in as a lifer .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --