PDA

View Full Version : Some recent decoys

Ian F.
06-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Here's the last of my production from New Brunswick, 8 days and counting till we head west!

I've been straight out trying to get loose ends tied up and this group of birds ties up some really big ones! The teal will be in the NWT, the eiders in Ottawa and the Black in Michigan, all hollow cedar (eastern white) and oils.

Can't wait to get set up in the lower mainland and start a new rig for the west coast species!

Very best,

Ian

Fred
06-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Ian, you said you were driving out here, did you not? Fred

Ian F.
06-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Yes sir..movers come tuesday and wednesday and we blast off friday with the car and boats in tow. Going to be a great time of year to cross the country!

Ian

Dano
06-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Great looking decoys Ian. Let us know when the carving classes start!
So you're driving out here,...so you know. There are some hard corners up in the rockies!!! Try not to grip the steering wheel too tight!;)
Which pass are you coming through? There's a good chance you'll see Elk, Bears, Moose, deer, and Sheep on any of the routes. Keep the camera handy.
Dano

Ian F.
06-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Dan,

We'll be coming through the Crowsnest pass, and basically right along the bottom till we reach Burnaby. I've driven a bit on the Alberta side of the divide, but will be keeping an eye to both the road and the wildlife! Afterall it'll be day 7-8 when we hit the mountains and after 2 days of flat land paying attention will be a must!

Ian

Fred
06-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Ian, my advise was going to be, Try not to fall asleep crossing Saskatchewan!;) Fred

Ian F.
06-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Fred,

I've done the drive as far as Calgary a couple of times and used to work for years between Winnepeg and Thunder Bay and for me at least the place to worry about falling asleep is the road between Thunder Bay and Kenora! Well and the 401.

You see at least when you fall asleep in the prairie there is no rocks, swamps and cliffs, just gentle ditches and if you are lucky no fences!

In all seriousness I appreciate the concern.

We bought Hannah (4 yrs old) a DVD for the car so we are hoping that it takes the bite out of 8 to 9, 8 to 10 hr days of driving!

Very best,

Ian

Fred
06-09-2006, 08:35 AM
I was joking Ian but I DO hope all goes smoothly. Best of luck on your journey. Fred

Ian F.
06-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Fred,

Got the joke...

When I was working in Viking I used to read hunting magazines while driving the backroads to Calgary, glad there was a gravel shoulder to wake me up!

Ian

Fred
06-09-2006, 11:13 PM
I had a similar experience one time on the TCH near Moosamin. I wasn't driving that time. I will have to tell you about it when time allows. ;) Fred

Trapper
06-11-2006, 04:33 PM
IAN F

If your coming though the crowsnest pass you'll be passing within 500 hundred yds. of my house in a little place called Jaffray in B.C. (don't blink Or you'll miss it) lots of game on the roads early morn. and late night.Drive safely and welcome to B.C.

Ian F.
06-13-2006, 01:39 AM
trapper,

If you see a blue matrix pulling a sneakbox and camo canoe (I know it's a common sight) give a honk or a wave!

Very best

Ian